cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO VCS & LYNC INTEGRATION.

aadetayo4811
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for lync client to join cisco video conference endpoint without using cisco MCU or can lync client  after the integration with cisco VCS join cisco multiconferencing without the cisco mcu?

4 Replies 4

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

If you integrate VCS with your Lync Servers , then you would be able to make point to point call from Lync Client to VC Endpoint. However for Multiparty calls, you would still need , MCU for all the participants ( whether Lync client, VC endpoint ) to join the conference

Thanks,

Saurabh

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Lync client can join to cisco video conferencing endpoint, but i didn't get the second part of your question?

are you looking for joining the lync client to a multisite capable endpoint??

rgds,

Alok

I have a design I am working on, client wants video conference to integrate with their existing lync deployment. My concern is that should include Cisco MCU or can use the Microsoft AVMCU as my bridge this leeading to my initial question that can lync clients(20) call cisco endpoint (SX20) without a cisco MCU?

Just be aware, just in case your client intend to upgrade Lync, that H.263 is dropped from Lync 2013 and replaced by H.264 SVC - which creates even more problems.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.