cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO WEBEX CE9.8.0

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a setting in Ce9.8.0 to like Auto Answer mic mute for Video.  

One can block video in a call from the touch 10 but need a feature to have video blocked when not in call and block when auto answer to satisfy the DISA STIG  for VTCs in conference rooms ...   The desktop has a lens cap to meet that requirement. 

Chet Cronin
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

No there is no auto answer with video muted option. 

I don't know your environment - but why auto answer? I was at Cisco for years - none of my customers used it, they would use one button to push (aka OBTP) which is much more secure. Schedule the meeting using OBTP option - user walks in the room, sees the meeting schedule on the touch screen, and taps the join button when they are ready. Is there any reason why that won't work in your environment?

If not, you might have to get creative with something that drapes over the camera cluster when not in use and they just flip it up to use it - but that's a hack - sloppy solution IMHO. 

View solution in original post

As per other message in this thread:

There is no facility to automatically to that at the moment, but you could use the macro framework to mute the video (or change the default video source) on a successful incoming call connection.  It wouldn't take a lot of code to do that.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

No there is no auto answer with video muted option. 

I don't know your environment - but why auto answer? I was at Cisco for years - none of my customers used it, they would use one button to push (aka OBTP) which is much more secure. Schedule the meeting using OBTP option - user walks in the room, sees the meeting schedule on the touch screen, and taps the join button when they are ready. Is there any reason why that won't work in your environment?

If not, you might have to get creative with something that drapes over the camera cluster when not in use and they just flip it up to use it - but that's a hack - sloppy solution IMHO. 

We have Rooms that need Auto Answer enabled Mic Muted but would be nice to have Video Mute on auto answer and also when system is IDLE for more than one minute. Security reasons.
Chet Cronin

As per other message in this thread:

There is no facility to automatically to that at the moment, but you could use the macro framework to mute the video (or change the default video source) on a successful incoming call connection.  It wouldn't take a lot of code to do that.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As per the other commenter, I recommend against using auto answer, however more generally speaking you may be able to achieve what you want using the CE9 Macro framework, but it would take a bit of programming work.

From someone who has auto-answer turned on in many parts of our organisation, I can see why you would want it that way (the opposite of what the others have said).

There is no facility to automatically to that at the moment, but as suggested by @Nick Halbert-Lillyman. you could use the macro framework to mute the video (or change the default video source) on a successful incoming call connection.  If wouldn't take a lot of code to do that.

Wayne