cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex MS Teams video calling (VIMT)

Steve W
Level 1
Level 1

We recently enabled MS Teams calling (VIMT) in Control Hub so our Cisco video endpoints can call into MS Teams meeting.  It worked great, but I mistakenly applied the policy to everyone using this command: 

Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName CiscoServiceProviderEnabled -Global

Does anyone know of a way to disable it globally and switch it to identity (per person only)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good morning Roger, that made sense to me too but I didn't have any luck. I did find your command here: https://dialin.plcm.vc/teams/ps.html   Which is supposed to: Reset global Video Interop Service Policy to default configuration

My Teams Admin was able to get it working with the following command. 

Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName $null -Global

Then you can check to see if it's turned off by using this command.

Get-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy Global | select *

After that we were able to assign it per user.  I waited until next business day to confirm it was working, I've heard it can take hours to take effect. 

I hope this helps someone out.  Have a great day all

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Isn't this a MS command? If yes, why are you asking this in a Cisco forum and not in a MS forum?

Hello b.winter, yes this is a Microsoft Powershell command.  I was asking here because I'm hoping other Cisco Admins have run into this issue before.  I know MS Teams calling is becoming more popular and I've always had good luck here.  I posted the answer at the bottom.  Have a good day

In only very few cases (as far as I have seen in the job), Cisco admin and MS admin wasn't the same guy. That's why it doesn't make sense, to ask Cisco admins how to configure MS, in my opinion.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’m not a PowerShell expert but a quick google search doesn’t show an obvious result for removing the policy - which is odd, there must be one.

Unless someone else jumps in it may be faster to remove VIMT entirely and then set it up again.

I think you'd need to do this, but I'm not sure.

Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName ServiceProviderDisabled -Global

This name of the policy is mention in this document in the example for "The tenant has a default interop service provider, but specific users (say IT folks) want to pilot another interop provider". Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy 

Response Signature

Good morning Roger, that made sense to me too but I didn't have any luck. I did find your command here: https://dialin.plcm.vc/teams/ps.html   Which is supposed to: Reset global Video Interop Service Policy to default configuration

My Teams Admin was able to get it working with the following command. 

Grant-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy -PolicyName $null -Global

Then you can check to see if it's turned off by using this command.

Get-CsTeamsVideoInteropServicePolicy Global | select *

After that we were able to assign it per user.  I waited until next business day to confirm it was working, I've heard it can take hours to take effect. 

I hope this helps someone out.  Have a great day all