cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 3.1 Call Bridge Licensing - Smart Licensing

C_Noble
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 CMS 2k's (3 Call Bridges) version 3.1.  

CMM is installed and all Call Bridges where added.

Additionally, Smart Licensing is activated and we use the Smart Software Manager On-Prem (Formerly called Satellite).

Synchronization of our On-Prem licensing server and our Cisco Smart Account / Virtual Account is complete.

We have added Shared Multiparty Licensing, but we observe the following issue:

On-Prem Licensing Server shows : Active Call Bridge Node : Purchased 0 : In use 3 : Balance -3

Insufficient Licenses - The Virtual Account "Default' has a shortage of "Active Call Bridge Node" licenses.

CMM shows : License Authorization : Out of Compliance

CMS shows : /api/v1/clusterLicensing : Call Bridge Activated : Expiration date is approx 90 days.  

Assuming these are trial licenses.

CMS documentation says in reference to Smart Licensing changes introduced in 3.0 : "Meeting Management with Smart Licensing tracks how many Call Bridges per cluster, thereby eliminating the need for the R-CMS-K9 activation license."

Do I need a separate license for the Call Bridges?  I currently have SMP licensing and I am going to be receiving PMP licensing as well.

Thanks for reading!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK you do not need to order those licenses, the licensing system should automatically give you those. I have those for my lab and they showed up after I registered my CMM for smart licensing (I only asked for PMP/SMP). They actually mention this when I click on them:

This license is included with certain products and is automatically added to your Smart Account during Product Instance registration. These licenses can only be transferred to other Virtual Accounts along with the Product Instances using them.

Try to force a sync from your on-prem ssms to the cloud and see if they show up, if not, if possible try to register CMM with direct/proxy registration, if no avail, suggest you get in touch with licensing so they find out why they're not showing up.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK you do not need to order those licenses, the licensing system should automatically give you those. I have those for my lab and they showed up after I registered my CMM for smart licensing (I only asked for PMP/SMP). They actually mention this when I click on them:

This license is included with certain products and is automatically added to your Smart Account during Product Instance registration. These licenses can only be transferred to other Virtual Accounts along with the Product Instances using them.

Try to force a sync from your on-prem ssms to the cloud and see if they show up, if not, if possible try to register CMM with direct/proxy registration, if no avail, suggest you get in touch with licensing so they find out why they're not showing up.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thank for the clarification above.

I will re-sync to the cloud and see if this works.

I will repost to this thread with what the solution was if anyone winds up having a similar issue.

We re-registered on CMM and re-posted the token.

That fixed our issue.

For Smart Licensing: No activation key is required. If you have any PMP Plus or SMP Plus licenses available in your Virtual Account, then all connected Call Bridges can be used.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/Cisco-Meeting-Management/Admin-Guide/Cisco-Meeting-Management-3-1-User-Guide-Administrator.pdf

Response Signature