Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Softkey on TC Endpoints

Hello,

I have registered some TC endpoints to the CUCM. I have also an MCU5320 as a conference bridge in Media Resource Group of the CUCM. I can make ad hoc conferences with ip phones using conference sofkeys. But in TC endpoints I can not see conference softkey. Is it possible to create ad-hoc conferences from TC endpoints registered to the CUCM? If so how? If not, is tehere a plan for this feature?

Best regards,

Tufan                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tufan. What type of TC endpoints you registering here? I know once TE 6 is released for EX, you will be able to use the touch panel to use the MCU to merge or create a conference on the MCU. The cop.sgn file will add additional field in CUCM configuration to either use UCM resource or internal resource for merging the units. Im not sure about TC6, but I know TE 6 for EX systems will have this capability. Release date is soon. Hopefully before the ebd of the year, but I cant say for sure as its subject to change.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

HI Tufan.  Right now in TC5.1.4 the file gives you the ability to add the system to CUCM.  The ability to use CUCM resource for Ad Hoc conferencing isn't available in this version.  When hitting the join or merge button on the panel, it will use internal resource on EX and not use MRGL being applied in CUCM.  When TE6 comes out for EX systems, the product specific confguration layout will give you multipoint mode option, and you can choose either endpoint or Media Resource in order to dictate how the join/merge on the panel is used.  This is forth coming in TE6. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tufan. What type of TC endpoints you registering here? I know once TE 6 is released for EX, you will be able to use the touch panel to use the MCU to merge or create a conference on the MCU. The cop.sgn file will add additional field in CUCM configuration to either use UCM resource or internal resource for merging the units. Im not sure about TC6, but I know TE 6 for EX systems will have this capability. Release date is soon. Hopefully before the ebd of the year, but I cant say for sure as its subject to change.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Patrick. I am registering EX and MX endpoints now. I am using normal firmware now (5.1.4). Is there any advantage and disadvantage of using the CUCM compatible firmware (5.1.4 cop sgn file) now?

Regards,

Tufan

HI Tufan.  Right now in TC5.1.4 the file gives you the ability to add the system to CUCM.  The ability to use CUCM resource for Ad Hoc conferencing isn't available in this version.  When hitting the join or merge button on the panel, it will use internal resource on EX and not use MRGL being applied in CUCM.  When TE6 comes out for EX systems, the product specific confguration layout will give you multipoint mode option, and you can choose either endpoint or Media Resource in order to dictate how the join/merge on the panel is used.  This is forth coming in TE6. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Thanks a lot Patrick for very clear explanation.

Regards,

Tufan