cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-PHD-1080P12XS gears grinding, won't stop going up

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

I have an older CTS-PHD-1080P12XS that every now and again starts this awful grinding noise when it starts up.  The camera goes through it's normal startup and starts moving around to find it's location, but when it goes up it never stops.  The only way I have found to stop it is to physically push the camera down, let it move all the way back up, push it down  again, let it come back up, etc...  After about 4 rounds of that it usually quits and behaves until the camera gets power cycled or goes to sleep.

I know physically pushing the camera is a bad thing, but the grinding never stops if I don't.  Anyone else seen this before?

2 Replies 2

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

I've seen cameras go bad in many ways.  Stop powering up, gears just grind and it doesn't move, moves 1 direction but not the other.....all just mean the camera has gone bad.  Open a TAC support case and get the camera replaced if you have a support contract.  If you don't, you're going to be looking at replacing it out of your own pocket.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had once case a long time ago where a camera wouldn't stop panning left, as a result the gears would grind for a brief moment until it stopped or someone intervened.  From what I recall, we swapped the camera with another and the issue went away.  If that doesn't help resolve it, you can even try to upgrade the codec software, or perform a factory reset as a last resort.