Views
Helpful
Replies

do C-series codecs update 720p PHD camera firmware

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hey there everyone,

A question came up that I think I know the answer to, but it would be good to get confirmation.  As we know, if a 1080p PHD camera is connected to a C-series codec, when a software update is applied to the codec that includes a camera firmware upgrade, the camera is upgraded after the codec upgrade is finished. 

Will the same thing happen if a 720p PHD camera is attached to the C-series codec instead?  I do not think so, but it would be good to get confirmation.  Initial testing has shown that it won't.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

You are right, it won't.  The C-series software package does not contain the camera software for the 720p camera, so no upgrading will happen.

The firmware for 720p camera and 1080p camera are different.

Teck Chye

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

You are right, it won't.  The C-series software package does not contain the camera software for the 720p camera, so no upgrading will happen.

The firmware for 720p camera and 1080p camera are different.

Teck Chye

Hi All,

Is the same situation similar as w/using a C20? Also I have the TRC 5 remote it will not activate the PZT weather the camera control is connected or on power supply. Although the light blinks on the base of the camera & the IR light on the codec, nothing happens. Is there a compatibility error or can I somehow get the remote to communicate w/the 720p camera.

Lastly I've been offered a codec that has been degaussed and is w/o software. How difficult is it to get the right software for it and install it?

Thanks,

Matt Breitman

Breittech LLC

www.BreitTech.com

Hi Matt,

As far as compatibility goes there shouldn't be an issue with using a 720p camera with a C20.  Of course the video will be going HDMI to the codec instead of through the control cable as it would with a MXP.  It could be one of a few things;

- The camera is broken.  The camera has the movement software in it by default, so if it has power then you should be able to move the camera without the codec's influence.

- The IrSensor setting in Configuration>System Configuration>SystemUnit is set to ON.  This will force the codec to use the codec's IR sensor instead of the camera's.  If you don't have a good line of sight on the codec it will look like it doesn't work.

- The control connection between the camera and the C20 is missing.  This could be due to a bad cable or connector.  You can verify this by checking the camera status on the C20.  If Connected=False, then the codec is not talking to the camera.

As for the degaussed codec, if it has an active service contract it isn't difficult to get software for it at all.  ;-)  Unfortunately, the software is only half the battle.  Without a service contract you also won't be able to get a software release key generated, which prevents you from using the installed software.

I hope that helps.