Can i use DV10 With EX90 ?

or How can i use DV10 with EX90 ?

Regards,

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Assuming you're referring to the Touch 10, the answer is no. Touch 10 does not work with the older generation codecs, Touch 8 only. 

View solution in original post

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you have an MXP remote, you can use that, but you will need to enable it. See this thread for more information. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/remote-control-on-ex90/td-p/1882905

Yes - that's the same device just without the receiver/cradle. the EX90 will work fine without it. 

the DVC8 (when used with a C series) normally plugs into a power adapter. The Touch panel port on the EX is the same as the port on the adapter, so you won't need the adapter and it can plug directly into the EX. 

10 Replies 10

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Assuming you're referring to the Touch 10, the answer is no. Touch 10 does not work with the older generation codecs, Touch 8 only. 

EX90  without touch control device. DV8 is EOS ,  what is the solution?

Is the EX90 completely without the Touch8 controller?  It shouldn't be, as they are an essential part of the device.

If you have one, and it's not working, you should log a call with the TAC and get it replaced under a service contract.

If you don't have a service contract, as the EX90 and the Touch8s are both end of sale items, your best bet would be to try to find a second hand one somewhere, or, as a more long term solution, you should consider replacing the EX90 with something more current and supportable.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you have an MXP remote, you can use that, but you will need to enable it. See this thread for more information. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/remote-control-on-ex90/td-p/1882905

Thanks PJMack,

Can i use  CTS-CTRL-DVC8  for EX90  instead of DV8 ?

No, you cannot use a CTS-CTRL-DVC8 on an EX Series endpoint.  Those are only for the C Series, Profile Series and Quickset series.

For an EX Series endpoint, you need to use a CTS-CTRL-DV8.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes - that's the same device just without the receiver/cradle. the EX90 will work fine without it. 

Thanks  PJMack,

Thanks PJMack,

Can i connect DVC8 to EX90 directly ?   Cables are same ? 

the DVC8 (when used with a C series) normally plugs into a power adapter. The Touch panel port on the EX is the same as the port on the adapter, so you won't need the adapter and it can plug directly into the EX.