cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Echo

sigmund
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just had a SX20 Codec RMA´d  the replacing unit came with TC5.1 instead off the new TC7.3 and all the sudden there iss a massive echo for the remote participant , they can hear themselvs as they speak, its very anoying, is there anything I can do ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can you tell the setup of the audio integrating to your SX20 codec?

Are you using the mic that comes with the unit or other mics and integrated to the codec?

Regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When RMAs are performed, you'll get a replacement that has been sitting in a warehouse, and as time goes on, the installed software can easily become outdated, which is why your received an SX20 with TC5.  They don't unbox it, upgrade the software, nor install your existing license keys - they simply take it off the shelf and ship it.

Have you tried to upgrade the software to TC7.3 to see if resolves the issue?

Assuming the configuration of the room hasn't changed and it's nothing physical in the room.  Perhaps there are old configurations still present on the SX20 from the previous owner, have you tried to do a factory reset?

Replacement hardware often comes from existing customers that ship their failed units, for example your SX20 that you replaced will eventually get put into a warehouse to be shipped to a customer needing a replacement, of course after it's repaired.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Can you tell the setup of the audio integrating to your SX20 codec?

Are you using the mic that comes with the unit or other mics and integrated to the codec?

Regards,

Acevirgil

Hi thanks for your reply, Its the original Mic that comes with the system.

Think i Will try to get the license key and make a software upgrade as the first thing

Thank you very much for helping me out.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When RMAs are performed, you'll get a replacement that has been sitting in a warehouse, and as time goes on, the installed software can easily become outdated, which is why your received an SX20 with TC5.  They don't unbox it, upgrade the software, nor install your existing license keys - they simply take it off the shelf and ship it.

Have you tried to upgrade the software to TC7.3 to see if resolves the issue?

Assuming the configuration of the room hasn't changed and it's nothing physical in the room.  Perhaps there are old configurations still present on the SX20 from the previous owner, have you tried to do a factory reset?

Replacement hardware often comes from existing customers that ship their failed units, for example your SX20 that you replaced will eventually get put into a warehouse to be shipped to a customer needing a replacement, of course after it's repaired.

Hi Patrick, Thanks so much for helping.

Thanks for all the info, it helps me understanding the Cisco internal system - pretty anoying though not being able to connect the touchpanel ones receiving the Replacement codec. I will upgrade as soon as I get my license key .

Thank you very much.

I did an RMA on a C40 a few years back, when I got the replacement it had a multisite license installed, and it was still tied to someone's support contract with about 6 months remaining.  :)

What do you mean by the following statement?

..pretty annoying though not being able to connect the touch panel ones receiving the Replacement codec.

Okey so that can really happen, one way or another. did not know the RMA system worked like that.

What i Mean about the statement 

..pretty annoying though not being able to connect the touch panel ones receiving the Replacement codec.

Is that my Touch 10 remote ctrl is unable to sync with the TC5.1.1 - and as i don't have the license key thats required for upgrading to TC7.3.3 on the specifik SX20, i need to contact licensing@cisco.com and wait for their respons.

No scandal, just annoying when the system usually is in use every day all day...