Views
Helpful
Replies

Exp Edge v14 to v12

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Has any tried to downgrade expressway edge from v14 to v12?

If so, how did you do it and any license needed?

I'm seeing from this release note that downgrade is not supported. Want to check if my understanding is correct? 

We do not support downgrades. Do not install a previous Expressway version onto a system that is running a newer version; the system configuration will be lost.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/X14-0/expressway/exwy_b_cisco-expressway-release-note-x14-0.html 

Regards,

Flo

7 Replies 7

Hi, 

out of curiosity, is there any specific reason to downgrade the expressway to the X12.x release?

if you can extract the certificate and private key from the expressway server, it will be better to reinstall the version into your required version if it is something unavoidable. also you may have to contact the cisco licensing team to rehost the licenses to the new expressway server. I am not sure it is something desired way to go forward? 

but it is something business-critical, I don't see any problem in doing it.  but make sure that you have taken the screenshot of dial plans and other configurations from the existing expressway 

Disclaimer: it is only my opinion and Cisco may have a different stand on it. 

Our CUCM is currently on v12.5 and our Expressway servers are on v14 which is not aligned with the compatibility matrix.

Hi Flo, 

The Expressway X14. is supported by the call manager release 12.5. The expressway is backwards compatible with the Cisco call manager. I have multiple UC customers who are having the latest expressway release X14.x with call manager release 12.5. it is completely supported. You don't need to downgrade the expressway for this reason. 

Regards, 

We're on CM 12.5 and on Expressway on X14 since quite some time and it works just fine. The compatibility matrix has gaps in it and often might show the minimum version that needs to be used. My advice would be to not read it as the Devil would read the Bible.

Response Signature

Shalid and Roger thanks for your replies.

Do you use MRA on Exp v14? And any documentation regarding backward compatibility?

yes, we are using. 

Please find the reference here 

image.png

Regards, 

Expressway is backward Compatible. You can Run latest Expressway With an old CUCM.

Asper the CSR compatibility Guide for CSR 12.5, x14.6 is the recommend expressway versions.So you dont need to downgrade. Be on the version 14.X.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 5.39.48 PM.png

Response Signature