Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Ethernet 1 speed limited to 10Mb

Schpice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgraded an expressway server from x8.9.2 to x.8.11.4. After upgrade I got an Alarm in expressway logs regarding speed limited to 10Mb/s instead of 10000Mb/s even tought I have checked on the interface itself, the speed is set to "Auto" on Ethernet 1. This means the speed negociation is not working as expected.

Do you know why the speed on ethernet 1 is limited to 10Mb/s after this upgrade ?

I have a made a rollback to this upgrade and speed on ethernet 1 back to 10000Mb/s.

Do you have an idea?

Regards

8 Replies 8

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

What hardware is this running on?

Hello,

This is VM with an ethernet adaptator VMXNET 3 deployed with VMware Vcloud Director.

What info do you need ?

Thx

Kevin

What version of ESXi are you using, and what patch level is it at - there were network issues with some of the versions which I believe were resolved in ESXi 5.5 Patch 08 and ESXi 6.0 Update 2.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

alcolsto
Level 1
Level 1

We had this issue also, on multiple, newly deployed Expressway servers (version X12.5.5).  Our server team had initially built the Expressway VMs with 1 NIC.  They later added 2 additional NICs. That is when we noticed the Interfaces stuck on 10Mb.  The 1st NIC was VMXNET3 while the others were "Flex".  They modified the NICs so that all are VMXNET3 and this resolved the issue. NOTE: changing the NICs changes the Serial number, have to rehost licenses....etc Kind of a pain.

I had the same issue and setting ALL network adapter types to VMXNET3 in VMware resolved it. Although my virtual serial number did not change and I did not have to regenerate all the release key/option key with Cisco TAC.

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like you are hitting this software bug:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf79774

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Maybe not the same bug because that was fixed in a much earlier release. We are seeing this on x12.5.5. We fixed by setting ALL adapter types to VMXNET3 in Vmware.
Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your solution. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: