cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

factory reset on c60

aniefiok essien
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys pls is anyone there that can help me with this issue?

a client of mine forgot the password they had used on their C60

codec and that has affected the most administration actions like

IP change and other things, though i can access the kit via console

but cannot not do a factory reset on the kit.

pls

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aniefiok,

try below steps:>

• Connect a serial cable to the system at 38400, 8, N, 1
  • Reboot the system
  • Log in with the user "factoryreset". This user is only available a short period of time after reboot (in TC6 it is always available). When logging in with this user it is possible to do an xcommand systemunit FactoryReset Confirm: Yes.
  • Do a reboot: "Xcom boot"
  • The system is now factory reset.

thanks Aniefiok,

After short rebooting you must login to the c60 unit by putting user : admin and password : "" (blank)

I have a serial connection to the C60, however, after reboot all I see is a bunch of encryption-gibberish code/text. Did I miss a step or is there something else I need to do?

ciscoc60.PNG

i realized that i did not set the COM settings to the 38400, afterwards, its working fine now.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aniefiok,

Similar questions have been asked before, a quick search of the forums will give you plenty of results.

You can try the default admin passwords first in case it is one of them, either leave the password blank, or try TANDBERG (all caps).

Failing that, the factory reset procedure, as indicated by Amit, or in any of the other forum threads linked above, should help you.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Follow the steps given by Aniefiok and then login to c60 unit by putting user : admin and password : "" (blank).

Cheers

Janu Sandaruwan Maha Godage

janumg@gmail.com