Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware for CISCO WEBEX systems

I am looking for a copy of firmware CE versions for the CISCO WEBEX room kit, kit plus, Codec Pro s3200 and s3300 series
We can't use the ROOMOS versions at the moment so any assist is appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need an active service contract on your device to be able to download them from the Cisco web site - that is what entitles you to software updates.

If you don't have a Service Contract, you may want to talk to your local Cisco account team or Cisco Partner, who may be able to assist.   It's against the Cisco Software licencing agreements for anyone other than Cisco to provide you with the files.

Apart from having a different looking UI on the newer software, what can't you use it in your environment?  It still allows endpoints to be registered to older (VCS) infrastructure and operated with older version of TMS you probably still have in the military.

Also note: some of the newer endpoints are unable to run the older software, and must use the newer RoomOS releases.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They're posted on the Cisco.com software downloads site. You'll need SMARTnet entitlement to download them.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need an active service contract on your device to be able to download them from the Cisco web site - that is what entitles you to software updates.

If you don't have a Service Contract, you may want to talk to your local Cisco account team or Cisco Partner, who may be able to assist.   It's against the Cisco Software licencing agreements for anyone other than Cisco to provide you with the files.

Apart from having a different looking UI on the newer software, what can't you use it in your environment?  It still allows endpoints to be registered to older (VCS) infrastructure and operated with older version of TMS you probably still have in the military.

Also note: some of the newer endpoints are unable to run the older software, and must use the newer RoomOS releases.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have an account and that firmware was depreciated so I am looking around
to see if anyone has a copy they can send me .

On a side note is anyone having issues with ROOMOS11.9.3.1 for WEBEX Room
Kit Plus, Room 55, and Codec Pro running that firmware.
Call connects and I see in statistics inbound video but it's not making it
to the display. I know connectivity if good because I can do self view up
to the display but when in a call there is no inbound video and when I
preview content it will also not display ..
Can't figure it out .. I tried disabling CEC on the input connectors but no
joy ..
Any ideas.

When they ran on Ce9.15.3.17 there was no issue.

As I mentioned, it's against the Cisco Software Licencing Agreement for anyone other than Cisco to provide copies of the software to you even if we do have copies of the older files.

If you have an account (and presumably a contract which enables you to download available software), you should be able to contact TAC and get a version from them, or as I suggested, your local Cisco Account Team should be able to help.

Also, even though the old CE9 software is end of support, you should still be able to download RoomOS 10 software for the endpoints if you don't want to go to RoomOS 11.  

For your other query (which would be better if posted in a separate thread of its own), I'm not seeing similar issues with RoomOS 11 here.  We've been using various versions of RoomOS 11, now using RoomOS 11.14.3.0 on most, with plans to move to 11.17.2.2 soon.

Wayne