Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 calls issue dialing via IP or IP##Extension

In my enviroment we have expressway (E/C), TMS, Conductor ,  CUCM (10.5). My TPs (endpoints) are registered on CUCM. I am having problems to place (B2B) outside calls to H323 systems via IP or in the format IP##Extension.

I made some configurations according to this link "http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/118884-config-vcs-00.html."

After this configurations, I started to be able to place a Call for some H323 endpoints via IP. For others H323 endpoints when I calls via IP I receive on expressway-e this log:

Traversal SIP <-> H323 408 Request Timeout

When I try to call with the "IP##extension" I receive on expressway-c this log:

Non-traversal SIP <-> SIP 416 Unsupported URI Scheme

Anyone have already faced this ?

Best Regards,

Mauricio

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco can't use the address##alias format, as that is proprietary to Polycom systems.

Regarding the 408 Request Timeout, since you say that dialing via IP address works for some endpoints and not others, it could be a firewall issue between you and then, or a number of things.  There are some discussions within the forums where people have faced this error before that might help point you in the right direction.

As Patrick said; address##alias is a Polycom proprietary format, however, if the external site has configured their CAC device correctly, you should be able to use Alias@IP_address instead.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens,

Thanks for your answer.

But dialing via IP it's a problem. The devices are registered on CUCM so I did what it is recommended in this link "http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/118884-config-vcs-00.html."

I have put a dummy domain (IP@dummy) just for the calls being able to reach the expressway. So if I dial IP@dummy the call reaches the expressway.

Do you know a better solution for this ?

All depends on whether or not the external site has deployed the relevant SRV records or not. If they have, then you can use Alias@domain.

/jens

Patrick,

Thanks for your answer. I will check firewall and let you know.

Regards,

Mauricio