Views
Helpful
Replies

List of camera distance and resolution capabilities

JIBB-Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone, 

I need to find out the distance these devices can zoom to and how the resolution gets affected as you zoom in:

• Cisco Room USB

• Cisco Room Bar

• Cisco Room Kit

• Cisco Room Kit Plus

• Cisco Room Kit EQ

• Cisco Roon Kit Pro

I'm trying to see how well they can see a whiteboard in different-sized rooms. If the recommended room sizes could be included, that would also be great. I've had a look online and found most devices go to 5x zoom which covers 9-10 metres. I need to know if the resolution changes and what's the quality difference in say the Room Bar being 12MP with 5x Zoom and the Room Kit Plus being 20MP with 5x Zoom. 

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd recommend you speak with your local Cisco Account Team - there is a great PDF they have available that shows the Camera reach on Cisco Video Devices including what would be seen for "Best overview", "Single Person Frame" and "Two Person Frame".  I have a copy, but cannot share it as it's marked Cisco Confidential.

A quick summary of the reach of some of the cameras is as below:

Quad Cam

Width at 1m = 1.8m
Single Person Frame = 0-6m
Two-person Frame = 0-9m

Room Bar Pro

Width at 1m = 3m
Single Person Frame = 0-4m
Two-person Frame = 0-7m

Room Bar

Width at 1m = 3.5m
Single Person Frame = 0-2m
Two-person Frame = 0-4.5m

Board Pro

Width at 1m = 3.5m
Single Person Frame = 0-3.5m
Two-person Frame = 0-6m

One thing to keep in mind is that the "Size of the room" in many of the documents is defined as "the distance from the screen to the furthest chair", not the physical size of the room itself.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Everything about the cameras itself and also example room designs you find here: Cisco Project Workplace

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  • Bar: 3 meters (also has a 120° horizontal field of view for huddle spaces)
  • Bar Pro: 6 meters
  • Pro or EQ with Quad Camera: 9 meters

Kit Mini/USB, Kit, and Kit Plus are previous generation models; do not buy them at this point.

The forthcoming Multi-Camera Speaker View feature will combine a Room Kit Pro or EQ with a Quad Camera, PTZ 4K camera, and Cisco Table Mic Pros to extend the camera reach to, IIRC, 15 meters. We normally cannot discuss roadmap features due to NDAs but Cisco has announced this one publicly. Talk to your Cisco sales rep for further details.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd recommend you speak with your local Cisco Account Team - there is a great PDF they have available that shows the Camera reach on Cisco Video Devices including what would be seen for "Best overview", "Single Person Frame" and "Two Person Frame".  I have a copy, but cannot share it as it's marked Cisco Confidential.

A quick summary of the reach of some of the cameras is as below:

Quad Cam

Width at 1m = 1.8m
Single Person Frame = 0-6m
Two-person Frame = 0-9m

Room Bar Pro

Width at 1m = 3m
Single Person Frame = 0-4m
Two-person Frame = 0-7m

Room Bar

Width at 1m = 3.5m
Single Person Frame = 0-2m
Two-person Frame = 0-4.5m

Board Pro

Width at 1m = 3.5m
Single Person Frame = 0-3.5m
Two-person Frame = 0-6m

One thing to keep in mind is that the "Size of the room" in many of the documents is defined as "the distance from the screen to the furthest chair", not the physical size of the room itself.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

greenus77
Level 1
Level 1

This contains some very useful information Please read (ciscolive.com)