Helpful
Replies

+ not coming in the caller ID

ajayviswanath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have the following setup in my lab

CUCM->mgcp gw(PRI)->PSTN rtr(acting as provider) -> H323 GWPRI -> CUCM.

I want the called ID to display with a + before the number. I see the + in the debugs however in the phone just the number comes

in the caller ID. I use 7961GE, is it due to the phone not supporting the +. Looking for help..Have attached the isdn debugs,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ajay,

I am not able to download the files you have uploaded, recently there has been an issue with attachments.

But your call flow is not exactly clear. The only thing I could get is you have issue with + display on incoming calls. If this call is coming over H323 gateway then this is the default behavior of the H323 gateway as it doesnot supports "+". Please refer to below link, its mentioned in the restrictions.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1122988

"SIP trunks and MGCP gateways can support sending the international escape character, +, for calls. H.323 gateways do not support the +."

However if you have a need to display "+" you can do it using calling party transformation patterns. You can setup a calling party transformation pattern - matching the calling name - prepend +. Then apply the CSS - contating this partition to the device pool of phones.

Terry

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ajay,

I am not able to download the files you have uploaded, recently there has been an issue with attachments.

But your call flow is not exactly clear. The only thing I could get is you have issue with + display on incoming calls. If this call is coming over H323 gateway then this is the default behavior of the H323 gateway as it doesnot supports "+". Please refer to below link, its mentioned in the restrictions.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1122988

"SIP trunks and MGCP gateways can support sending the international escape character, +, for calls. H.323 gateways do not support the +."

However if you have a need to display "+" you can do it using calling party transformation patterns. You can setup a calling party transformation pattern - matching the calling name - prepend +. Then apply the CSS - contating this partition to the device pool of phones.

Terry

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks Terry,

Yes i am having this issue only when the call comes through a h323 gateway.I used the calling party transform and it worked.

Not a problem Ajay - glad to be of help!

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App