cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help about upgrading my CISCO TelePresence DX80

fernansalazar
Level 1
Level 1

I have my Cisco TelePresence DX80 unable to upgrade even I use the updated firmware Installation failed.

Also I got my warning on my device.

WARNING: System Name
The system has not been configured with a name. Please configure a system name. Note that changing the name of the system requires a reboot.
WARNING: Default Call Protocol
The system is not registered on any protocols.The system may not be able to make any calls. Please configure SIP or H323.
WARNING: NTP status
Connection to NTP server not yet established. This might mean that we have not yet had the time to establish a connection, that the NTP server is unavailable, or that the configured NTP servers are not valid host names or addresses. If this message persists, please verify your NTP configuration, and that the server is reachable.
8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version are you attemting to upgrade from and to? What documentation are you following - and which step isn’t working?

All of those warnings seem pretty self-explanatory. Not sure what you’re asking there.

Good day for you quick response my current version is  ce9.1.6.50b2793 want to upgrade to the latest version 9.15.3.26 we tried to many attempts but my installation is failed. see the print screen below.

Try putting the upgrade file on a local web server and using the CLI instead of the web browser UI.

xCommand SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade URL: https://url/upgrade_file_name.cop.sgn 

The CE 9 Release Notes mentions a step upgrade process on page 24 when upgrading from CE9.9.0/CE9.8.1 and below but I'm not seeing a step file for the DX80. Either it doesn't apply or Cisco deferred the file so it's no longer accessible.

Your upgrade issue appears to be caused by the fact that using the web interface you are uploading a .cop.sgn file to the DX80   The web interface doesn't support these.  You will need to download and install the .pkg file for the DX80 and use that instead.  The latest pkg file for the DX80 is s52040ce9_15_17_4.pkg

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne do you have a instructions or documentation for upgrading the device also do you have an latest pkg file for DX80 is s52040ce9_15_17_4.pkg

Much appreciated if you can help me.

The software is available from the usual downloads section of the Cisco web site - see Software Download - Cisco Systems

Then just use the same Software Upgrade section of the WebUI of the DX80 you were using before to upload it.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Please if you have a latest firmware can you share it to me as my account don't have privilege to download any firmware.

Please and thanks.

Please follow the steps in the below video which explain the process in how to upgrade the Cisco Collaboration Telepersance from the web interface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynPBeLMQOU

Note:Dont forget to download the right .pkg file from Cisco software website