Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS and Movi

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hey there everyone!

A customer asked us about QOS settings for Movi, and while I know there are no settings within Movi you can set for QOS, I was wondering if the application was tagging packets with some default settings.

Any other Movi-QOS data that is available wold also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

QOS for Movi data is not set.  Here is a packet capture showing that the Movi data stream has QOS set to Best Effort 000 000.

-AA

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bob

if you have the Movi working with TMS Provisioning then you will be able to set the marking of the Signaling and RTP/Media traffic DSCP marking based on your customer preference

in TMS go to Provisioning and add configurations settings for QoS

HTH

if helpful Rate

The only QoS settings I have seen in provisioning is for E20's. Are you saying they can be applied to Movi accounts as well?

It's generic setting in the provisioning configurations so it suppose to apply to both. !

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Is there someone from Cisco who could give an official ruling on this?  I agree with Andrew, if the QOS settings in the Provisioning Directory are expanded, there is only refernce to earlier versions of the E20.  Is it possible QOS can be provisioned to Movi blindly (i.e. with no representation of the setting in the application itself)?

Thanks!

I am skeptical that it can be. If I remember correctly, the Movi product manager (Henrik) told us at InfoComm that QOS cannot currently be applied to Movi.

All settings show up if you just search / browse for them. Sure you can define that as "generic"

but this does not mean they are available for all systems.

Like the others already described, if you select a specific device group or better the exact version you

see the capabilities. Its worth looking at the XML Template files too.

If QOS support for movi is needed I would try to look into the capabilities of your operating

system or network components to tag the udp ports movi uses for media.

Only googled for it, no have not tried it, but that could fit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20991

Mariin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

QOS for Movi data is not set.  Here is a packet capture showing that the Movi data stream has QOS set to Best Effort 000 000.

-AA

Thanks Ahmed!

ebarrett06
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks.  I found the following commands under Provisioning which looks like they should set the Diffserv values for Movi.  However, I haven't been able to get them to work:

Configuration Network IPv4 QoS Diffserv Audio

Configuration Network IPv4 QoS Diffserv Video

Configuration Network IPv4 QoS Diffserv Signalling

Configuration Network IPv4 QoS Diffserv Data

I've set them all to 34, yet the DSCP field of Movi packets are still set to 0.

Those are all E20 config settings that can be provisioned - not Movi config settings.