Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Admin password for Tandberg 880 MXP

Mike Hagans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with resetting the admin password for this endpoint? I believe the process is to take note of the option and bandwidth keys then hold the speaker button on the front as the unit powers on? 

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can try the default password which is TANDBERG.  Note: it's case sensitive, so needs to be entered in upper case.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Think you might have the 880MXP confused with some other model as there's no buttons on the front of these units?

Can you confirm this is an 880MXP please and also advise if you are completely locked out of the system or if you do know the current admin password?

(By admin password I mean the password required to log in to the system either through web gui, telnet or ssh - not the "Menu password" which may also be referred to as an "Admin password".)

If you are locked out, but can physically access the system and the menus, then you can either change the password through the control panel menu, under "security/IP administrator password", or do a factory reset by accessing this option in the control panel menu options. 

You'll otherwise have to use a serial connection and break the boot sequence; switch the system on and while it starts press. CTRL and Break until it stops scrolling, then use the command defvalues set factory

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yep it's an 880. I googled something but it was for a different model actually.. Thanks for the various ways to resolve this. I need to log into the web interface but the customer doesn't know the password. They're having issues making video calls to more than one place so I am checking if multi site is available if not the. Pointing to our MCU... I'll try these options you suggested thanks!

You can try the default password which is TANDBERG.  Note: it's case sensitive, so needs to be entered in upper case.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Awesome, thanks. Good to know. I was trying the Cisco default of admin and leaving the password blank. I'll try this.

That did it! I am in. Thanks all!