Views
Helpful
Replies

SETTING UP TRANSFORMS AND SEARCH RULES

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am about to through out the darn VCS Expressway  
Running a VCS Expressway Core version 14.0.8.
Running a CMS version 3.3.3  

This is my issue:  I am dialing outbound from my CMS which is on version 3.3.3.   The URI it sends is alias @ domain. 
Example:   6511027@10.10.10.1  
When the expressway gets it the URI is 6511027@10.10.10.1 
So I need to strip the suffix @10.10.10.1  So what I did to dial to a VTC system locally registered to my expressway was create a search rule   (651\d{4})@10.10.10.1 and replace with \1 target localzone.   It appears to work.  Call will connect to a local VTC system. 
So for an external call I created another search rule (693\d{7})@10.10.10.1 and replace with \1 and target a neighbor zone to where I need the call routed and fails.   Doesn't ever find the rule and in fact I get loop detected and then out of resources in the search history ?  
I also tried a pre-search transform to stip the IP and then let the call run thru the search rules but I can never get the darn IP to strip.  I tried a transfrom @10.10.10.1 Strip and I even tried (.*)@10.10.10.1 and replace with \1 ...  
Simple fix just can't figure it out >>.   Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally - especially with SIP - everything has a full URI, not only the left hand side. Is there a specific reason you are trying to avoid this? If you look at Expressway config guides one of the recommended Trannsforms is to normalize everything to a DNS domain. For example, (I’m on my phone so doing this from memory) (.+)@10.10.10.1 RegEx replace with \1@yourdomain.tld. Also ([^@]*) RegEx replace with \1@yourdomain.tld. Basically force everything to a clean DNS-based URI at the Transform so your Search Rules are able to distinguish between internal and external URIs. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally - especially with SIP - everything has a full URI, not only the left hand side. Is there a specific reason you are trying to avoid this? If you look at Expressway config guides one of the recommended Trannsforms is to normalize everything to a DNS domain. For example, (I’m on my phone so doing this from memory) (.+)@10.10.10.1 RegEx replace with \1@yourdomain.tld. Also ([^@]*) RegEx replace with \1@yourdomain.tld. Basically force everything to a clean DNS-based URI at the Transform so your Search Rules are able to distinguish between internal and external URIs. 

I am still working my issue.  Looks like the two transforms fixed my issue but now other rules are not working    I am looking into it. 

Chet Cronin