Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP on Cisco TMS

jgranata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco TMS 13.0.2, and I want to monitor the device with our Orion server (NMS).

Additionally we have 3 VCS and many endpoints, all the devices are recognized for our NMS, but the TMS no.

I was checking the configuration about the SNMP on the TMS, and I don´t understand very well where I need to define my snmp community for the NMS.

Anybody could help me to clarify this??

Best regrads

Juan Granata

8 Replies 8

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Juan,

There is a TMS.MIB file that needs to be imported to external SNMP server like (HP Openview or IBM Tivoli tools) and not heard anyone has tried with Orion tool.

You need configure SNMP settings in your TMS Server >Administrative Tools > Configuration > Network Settings page.General Network Settings pane,Event Notifications pane.

Let me know your e-mail id and I can mail you the MIB file which you try with Orion if supported.

Best Regards,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Hello Mahesh,

The file you're talking about is interesting for me as plan to use HP OV to monitor our TMS.

Is it possible you send it to me.

Regards,

Yohann LETENDRE

Hi Yohann,

I have e-mailed the same.

Best regards,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Hello,

I am wanted to setup SNMP traps to our Orion NMS as well.  Just curious if you were able to successfully set this up and if the TMS.MIB is available on the download page.

I have TMS 13.1.2 but will be moving to 13.2 shortly.

Regards,

cj

Hello Mahkrish,

Can you email to me too ?

Thank you

Hi Mahesh,

I also need the MIB files. Could you please provide me  the link to download.

Krishna

The TMS MIB file is contained in the zip file when downloading TMS from cisco.com.

If you've already downloaded the zip file, you have it ;)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the reply. I got the file

Krishna.