Views
Helpful
Replies

SX-10 blink red/white

Quentin G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our SX-10 have a strange behavior when we use it with PoE : the power LED keeps blinking red & white really fast & the camera's LED is blinking green really fast.

We don't have a Power Supply to make more tests but is this might be an hardware issue ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich Uline
Level 1
Level 1

Quentin,

From the SX10 installation guide, "If there is a problem with the start up, the LED turns red. Please contact support for
assistance." I would first verify that your Ethernet cabling is good and actually passes the correct PoE current/voltage and that the switch and specific port are providing PoE as expected. If there are no issues with those things, then I would contact Cisco TAC for troubleshooting and possible RMA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich Uline
Level 1
Level 1

Quentin,

From the SX10 installation guide, "If there is a problem with the start up, the LED turns red. Please contact support for
assistance." I would first verify that your Ethernet cabling is good and actually passes the correct PoE current/voltage and that the switch and specific port are providing PoE as expected. If there are no issues with those things, then I would contact Cisco TAC for troubleshooting and possible RMA.