cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 telepresnce scenario with cloud programs question???

Hi all,

I intent to have cisco telepresense SX10 with one codec and one Camera in the HQ, and the branches will be using any of the cloud video conference like zoom, bluejeans or other.

As the C20 is end of sale, Is the product SX10 suitable for my scenario or SX20???

What is cisco spark and what its relation with SX10???

thanks , 

6 Replies 6

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The setup looks fine from a very high level. Not sure without details what I can suggest.

What is spark?

Think of it as a refined version of jabber introduced to collaborate Messaging, Meetings and calls on Cisco Cloud.

Relation with SX10

Its one of the few endpoints which are so far supported with Cisco spark. Supported End points.

you can take a feel of it right here.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh ,

thanks for your replay, i want to ask you if i purchase the cisco SX10 and uses zoom cloud conference. The SX10 will dial to zoom public ip address to join the meeting.The SX10 will be in the HQ and will have to show all the zoom participant which are conferencing. 

will this work perfectly or the SX10 will need multi-site license or external bridge to make all the participant appear on the screen connected to the SX10 codec.

regards,

Hi Mohammed,

Multisite license definition:

MultiSite allows you to add multiple parties into a call by either calling them directly or adding them to a call when they call you. You can use this feature in several situations, including:  

Impromptu videoconferencing among up to four parties on a variety of different networks.

When you want to bring in more parties than are supported on your bridge.

When you want to bring in a video party that cannot dial a SIP-style URI

So what I understand from your scenario is that the bridge is Zoom's conference bridge hence taking multisite (which anyways is not supported by SX10) and MCU out of the picture.

So SX10 should be able to just dial into the bridge and display the parties.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

thanks Mr. Adarsh for your answer and clarification,

I strongly asked you the question as i face an issue in maybe same scenario: having cisco C20 and imagicle skystone. The C20 dials in to skystone and works fine with two participant, when the third tries to connect the conference get dropped or one of the participant get disconnected.Then Imagicle support request me to have MCU.

However, I got your answer now that in my scenario i don't need any MCU or muticast license as the SX10 will be just a participant dialing into the zoom clouds bridge and will be able to display all other parties.

thanks again boss,

regards,

Hi Mohammed,

I am glad I was able to help you.

Please give a closure to this thread if your query has been answered.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi again Adarsh,

still waiting please for my above question??

regards,