cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx20 not supporting third party microphone

ek.ajeesh
Level 1
Level 1

I am using SX 20 with software version ce8.2.2 which is not supporting third party microphone along with dsp ( clearone) .. I am getting an disturbance sound from the same

Earlier i have integrated sx20 with dsp (biamp)  after changing the 3.5mm pin configuration. but at that time software version was 7 it think .

can any one help to solve this ..

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please describe how you have your DSP connected to the 4-pole 3.5mm connector on the SX20?  If you have not wired this correctly, then noise can be introduced - similarly, if you haven't used a 4-pole 3.5mm connector and have used a standard 3-pole stereo plug, this is not the correct way to do it.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

we have used 4 3.5mm connector .

we Used another  sx20 microphone cable only ..

once side 3.5mm connector and the other end we  removed the mic and connected to the DSP

used only two connection ground and green

we have used this kind of set up in other site about 4 months back with biamp which was working ..but there we have used the same sx 20 microphone cable .. one end we cut the microphone .

attached the audio disturbance and connection pic

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It might not affect you, but depending on the third-party microphone used, you could possible run into bug CSCvd71397.