cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx20 touch panel

itay00002
Level 1
Level 1

When turning off the unit completely(sx20) the touch screen panel stay on.is that how it supposed to be? (do I need to turn it off by unpluging the power cord?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the Touch8 is powered completely seperately from the SX20, it does not power down when the SX20 is powered off.  If you really must turn it off, you will need to do so via the power cord/outlet that the Touch8's power comes from.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I didn't find a settings for that in the user guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc6/user_guide/profile-series-codec-c-series-qs-c20-sx20-qs-mx-series-touch-user-guide-tc63.pdf

what is the firmware version ? try to upgrade it.

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the Touch8 is powered completely seperately from the SX20, it does not power down when the SX20 is powered off.  If you really must turn it off, you will need to do so via the power cord/outlet that the Touch8's power comes from.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

itay00002
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Wayne/everybody

just to be sure:

please see the picture attached.

is this what i am suppose to see on the touch panel when i shut down the VC unit?

if i will get the 10" touch panel whould it be any different?

can i shut it down without unplug the power cord?

thanks

The message you are seeing is expected, since the touch panel remains on while the codec is turned off, as it still tries to contact the codec.  Touch 8 and 10 are no different, as they both use an external power supply to power the touch panel.  There is no way that I know to power off the Touch 8 without unplugging it from the power.