cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 inactive Registration to VCS Control

pdreynolds62
Level 1
Level 1

We are setting up a new SX80 and in the process of seting up H323 it will not regiserter with our VCS Control saying it is inactive.  the error on the codec is ERROR: Call Protocol Registration

The system is not registered on either H323 or SIP. It will not be able to place or receive calls until properly configured.

TMS shows it as inactive and I do not see it on the VCS Control.
Any ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks
Paul
4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Bit difficult to suggest anything without some more information, i.e. software version on the SX80 and VCS-C, whether or not there is anything between the SX80 and the VCS-C which could block communication.

Would be helpful if you could upload the xconfig and xstatus results as well; just open Putty, expand "Session" in the left pane, select "Logging", check "Printable output", connect to system and run xstatus followed by xconfiguration - you should find a log file called putty.log on your desktop which you can upload here.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured at minimum:

• E.164 Number or ID
  • Gatekeeper

See the SX80 User Guide, on pg 76.  Or on the web interface under Configuration > H323.

We had a H.323 ID: but after adding a E.164 Alias: the unit registered to the VCS control.

Thanks for all the help.

Interesting that it didn't register unless you had an E164 number, I know on the older C Series, it didn't matter, unless they change how the registration is with the SX80.

Don't forget to mark relevant replies as correct for others that might have the same question later.