Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've 5 ex90s.

location1 (L1): 2

location2 (L2): 1

Location3(L3):1

Location4(L4):1

when ex90 at location call each other, then they can use as much bandwidth as they want.

when ex90 from one location calls ex90 at other location, they can use only 1.5 M b/w.

how to implement it?

Please help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

I wouldn't be that concerned by the individual links and pipes. They will be automatically created for you when you make the SubZones. You can acheive what you want in your simple deployment with just the Subzone configuration. Unlimited bandwith within a subzone, and limit the calls out of it to all other subzones or zones.

1: Create 4 subzones on your VCS. 

VCS configuration > Local Zone > Subzones.

2: For each Subzone, create a membership rule.

I would guess that the TYPE can be SUBNET. So as a membership rule, add the subnet for the location corresponding to that subzone.

VCS configuration > Local Zone > Subzone membership rules.

Subnet address and prefix length

These two fields together determine the range

of IP addresses that will belong to this subzone.

(Applies only if the Type is Subnet.)

The Address range field shows the range of

IP addresses to be allocated to this subzone,

based on the combination of the Subnet

address and Prefix length.

If you have a network at site ONE that has a IP network address 10.1.1.0 as a C-net, the membership rule should be:

Subnet address:  10.1.1.0

Prefix length 24

If you have a network at site TWO that has a IP network address 10.1.2.0 as a C-net, the membership rule should be:

Subnet address:  10.1.2.0

Prefix length 24

and so on...

3: Configure the Subzones limitations for your four subzones

As you can see, you do not need to configure individual links and pipes, unless you want to do more advanced limitations between your locations.

//Robert

View solution in original post

Hi

just think about it this way

subzone total will be unlimited as a total

however the links like point to point links/connection each with a pip that make bandwidth limit between two wubzones only

in other words you need a link for every two subzones

S1 to S2  ( bidirectional no need to S2 to S1 )

S1 to S3

S2 to S3

un in each link you apply the pips

but keep in mind that you want to limit the number of calls/bandwidth for the sites with 1152 at any time then you need to use that pip for every link belong to that site

for example S1 has to be lmited for 1152 only

then you create a pip called S1_pip apply to each link belong to S1

S1 to S1  node one/pip S!_pip

S1_S3  node one/Pip S_pip

see the bellow example from VCS admin guide

in the above example head office subzone uses two link one to home office and the other to branch office

however both links using same pip so ifyou have the pip total bandwidth as 1152 that mean as a total for head office to comunicate with any other osubzones at a given time it wont reach 1152 even the zubzone setting total set to unlimited ( two layers of bandwidth control here )

hope this help

good luck

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Robert Krenn
Level 1
Level 1

To limit the bandwidths are handled by a Gatekeeper on your network. Such as a Cisco VCS Control. If you have one, then it's quite simple to set up, there are examples in the Admin guide.  Without a gatekeeper there aren't really a way to police the bandwith usage.

//Robert

Yeah, we have VCS control and all ex90s are registred to VCS with SIP. I've gone through Admin guide but it isn't clear & hard to understand. could you help please

Gavin,

I believe you would need to create separate subzones for each location, and then you could either define bandwidth limits on the subzones themselves that only have 1 EX90 each or restrict bandwidth by creating pipes betweens the subzones.

In above scenario:

I know i'll have to have links from each location (I should say "subzone") to other locations so as to make successful call.

as in above diagram, a pipe at each location (subzone) would be enough or would I have to create pipe for each link going to each location (subzone)?

Please help...

Hi!

I wouldn't be that concerned by the individual links and pipes. They will be automatically created for you when you make the SubZones. You can acheive what you want in your simple deployment with just the Subzone configuration. Unlimited bandwith within a subzone, and limit the calls out of it to all other subzones or zones.

1: Create 4 subzones on your VCS. 

VCS configuration > Local Zone > Subzones.

2: For each Subzone, create a membership rule.

I would guess that the TYPE can be SUBNET. So as a membership rule, add the subnet for the location corresponding to that subzone.

VCS configuration > Local Zone > Subzone membership rules.

Subnet address and prefix length

These two fields together determine the range

of IP addresses that will belong to this subzone.

(Applies only if the Type is Subnet.)

The Address range field shows the range of

IP addresses to be allocated to this subzone,

based on the combination of the Subnet

address and Prefix length.

If you have a network at site ONE that has a IP network address 10.1.1.0 as a C-net, the membership rule should be:

Subnet address:  10.1.1.0

Prefix length 24

If you have a network at site TWO that has a IP network address 10.1.2.0 as a C-net, the membership rule should be:

Subnet address:  10.1.2.0

Prefix length 24

and so on...

3: Configure the Subzones limitations for your four subzones

As you can see, you do not need to configure individual links and pipes, unless you want to do more advanced limitations between your locations.

//Robert

Thanks Robert. I really appreciate your kind help.

our requirement is as follow:

1. call between ex90 at the same location can use unlimited b/w. calls b/w location 1 and location 2 can use unlimited b/w.

2. for rest of the calls: bandwidth shouldn't exceed 1.5 M.

could you help how to achieve it...

Hi Gan,

I'm sorry  but I can not help you more then what I have given you here. If you do not understand the given instrctions then I see no other way I can help you on a forum like this.

//Robert

ohh sorry....I didn't read it throughly...i understood it..I'l try to implement it. I hope it work.

Thanks for your help.

You might only need 2 subzones.

One for all systems that should be unlimited.

And one for all the rest.

You might still need to make 4 membership rules.

//Robert

just to add to the above posts

with Zones/SubZones you will be liniting the amount of bandwith in total

for example in and out total bandwidth to location/subzone 1 ( i fyou have 2 ex90 i nthat zubzone consider max bandwtih which is 6M) then out the total as 12M

within same location/subzone unlimited

same idea for suzone/location 2

now for per call bandwidth control between locations/subzones use links and pipes and then you can control unlimited, 1.5 ..etc

hope this help

if helpful Rate

Hi,

I'm running across an issue.

requirement is: unit with subZone can use unlimited bandwidth, while calls between subzone can use 1152K bandwidth. but calls between units within the same subZone are using on 1152K bandwidth. attached is the screenshot.

Please help!

P.S: when I created subZones manually, VCS created links from those subZones to defaultZones only. it didn't create links between manually created subZones. I had to manually create a link.

ok, you have to create manually links andPips between the newly created Subzone and considering the bandwidth per call as well

for the calls between endpoint within the same subzone, hav eyou checked the default bandwidth configured in each endpoint change it from default to something like 2M for example and try it by the sometimes you may need to reset the endpoint and wait for a while to get the new bandwidth reflected

HTH

please rate the helpful posts in this discussion

Gavin,

you have set the TOTAL BANDWIDTH AVAILABLE to Limited and set the value to only 1152. That means that all systems in that zone can only use totally 1152kbps, that is not what you want.

You should leave this one to unlimited if your requirement is that systems within a zone should be able to place calls at unlimited call rates.

//Robert

Hi Robert,

if I leave it as unlimited than there could be more than 1152K bandwidth utilized from the call going out from that subzone to another subzone. right?

our reqirement is:

1. unlimited b/w for calls within subzone.

2. total b/w allowed out from the subzone is 1152K. so if there is one call going out from the subzone than it can use 1152K. Now if 2nd user from the same subzone tries to call out to user in another sobzone than call is allowed but total allocated b/w can't go beyond 1152K. So, if two calls go out from the subzone than each call can use 1152K/2 (=575K) bandwidth.

is it possible? please help!