Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Codec C40 deployment.

forman102
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My organization will be installing C 40 for video conferenceing with  the head-quater. I'm trying to find out if this device should be deployed behind the firewall or not. Assuming it would be behind the firewall, I would have to NAT it to public IP address, which is not a problem. However, I read that this could create an issue with SIP not working properly. Could someone point me in the right direction please...

thanks,

forman 

1 Reply 1

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Forman,

In case you are trying to deploy multiple C codecs I suggest to use the Cisco VCS or Expressway solution

The Cisco VCS/Expressway  is most suitable for large-scale deployments. It allows you to connect  across organizations without requiring any exceptions or extra ports to  be opened on the firewall.  In this solution, both organizations need to have a Cisco VCS and you  need to configure a connection between the two Cisco VCSs.

In case you have only few endpoints that you are taking into consideration , the C series support H323 NAT Mode / H.323 NAT address and also Cisco TelePresence Expressway technology H.460.18, H.460.19 Firewall Traversal.

For more details kindly asked to cunslut the admin guide available at :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc4/administration_guide/profile_c60-c40_and_codec_c60-c40_administrator_guide_tc42.pdf