Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) - Automatic Software Updates

Agile Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can someone please help me understand this properly!? In our TMS General Network Settings I have configured the 'URL where software packages can be downloaded' field and I have also configured the 'Automatic Software Update' fields (Yes and a service URL). Nothing is happennning automatically, I can manually upload files to the folder and then perform a software upload using Software Manager and that's fine but how do I automate this process please?

The Service URL I have been told by TAC is fine (https://secure.tandberg.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES)

Is there anything else I need to configure please?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Rich

11 Replies 11

Paula Talamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rich,

The Service URL is correct.  Do you have the web proxy address and credentials configured?  If all of this is configured, try disabling the web proxy to see if it is able to download.  This will narrow it down to the web proxy settings.

Thanks!

Paula

I must also say that I agree with Rich that there is someting not 100% ok.

We have a TMS which nichely downloaded new software packages.

It has direct internet access and outbound connections are allowed, no proxy

is needed, nor set up.

We used TMS13.01 when it was wokring now we are at 13.1.

The last software I see is MXP F9.1 and before that TC4.1.1, but I lack for example

TC4.2, which is not showing up in the SOFTWARE directory, tough it is listed as the

last version incl. release keys in the system navigator.

I tried as well to set the "Automatically Check for Updates" from yes to no and then back to

yes + check for updates in the systems navigator and the TC4.2 pkg still does not show up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yeah, I just tried that too. I deleted TC4.2 off the server and checked for updates, and it only pulled down TC4.1.

Hei Andrew!

Thx for the feedback. As its not a isolated issue I just created a case with cisco TAC for it refering to this thread.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I've been having the same problem with TMS not pulling TC4.2 as well, but after seeing the above posts I can now stop banging my head against the wall.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

Agree with Paula - if your proxy settings are set properly, you should be able to set Automatically Check for Updates to No, save it, change it back to Yes, save it again, and then if you look under Activity, you should see an activity status for 'Check for Software Updates'.

Thanks everyone for the help. My findings are as follows;

In response to Paula there were no proxy settings configured, I am told by our IT that they are not required (even though we do have a proxy server). As a precaution I requested the Proxy server details regardless and have populated the Web Proxy address field (no authentication required, again so I'm told). I then looked to Andrew's comments and monitored the Activity whilst toggling 'Check for Updates' from Yes to No and back again. The strange thing was that the activity read 100% successful regardless (I even restored it to original settings as it was before I did anything, and it still read 100% successful so not sure what that tells me?).

Anyway since making the Proxy Web entry I have deleted all software in the software folder and manually tried a 'Check for Updates' and the software downloaded beautifully (TC4.2) which it has never done before. In the passed I have had to manually upload any new software into the folder using browse to. So not sure why Andrew's manual download only pulled down TC4.1??

The question is will it automatically do this for us with the next new release? In an attempt to prove it I will try to force it to do so by deleting the software again and monitor the folder which I think from memory is set to check every 2 days.

I'm quietly confident that this will work, thaks again for the help.  

Rich

Just tried, a bit more,

* with proxy or no proxy: no change

* removed all files from the SOFTWARE folder

* checked on a c20 and c60, only shows up as TC4.1, but download the pkg

* my Ex90 shows up with TC4.2 but no download

As TMS runs on a windows server I also tried to reboot it ;-) But no change.

What I wonder if the Cisco release db which is queried is not 100% proper.

So lets see what TAC will say, ...

Martin

C60:

Service Contract

Service Contract Status: Ok 

Service Contract Expiry Date: 14/10/2014 

Latest Release Key(s): 1TC004-1-xxx (TC4.1.0)

1TC003-1-xxx (TC3.1.3) 

Ex90:

Service Contract

Service Contract Status: Ok 

Service Contract Expiry Date: 20/08/2011 

Latest Release Key(s): 1TC004-1-xxx (TC4.2.0)

1TC003-1-xxx (TC3.1.3) 

Rich,

Good to hear that it appears to be working for you. I will test again - difference may be that I am still on 12.6 (I take my time waiting to upgrade ).

As per my last post I can confirm that the software did automatically re-download after the two day time period. I think in my particular case it is now working properly.

Rich

I also experienced the same issue a while ago, when all of a sudden the Automatic Software Update stopped working, logs were not much of a help

TMS Version 13.0

00:02:26,297 [Event6] ERROR Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.UpgradeCheckEventHandler -

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.SoftwareUpgradeWebService.getLatestSoftware(Software& software, String& message)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.SystemUpgradeService.GetLatestSoftware(Software software, SoftwareUpgradeWebService webService)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.SystemUpgradeService.CheckForNewTMSAndMoviClientVersions(SoftwareUpgradeWebService webService)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.SystemUpgradeService.CheckForSystemUpdates(IList`1 tmsSystems)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.UpgradeCheckEventHandler.Start(BackgroundEventBase bgEvent)

00:02:26,302 [Event6] ERROR Tandberg.TMS.Service.BackgroundEvent.BackgroundEventObject -

System.Exception: Update check failed. Please see system logs for details. Note that TMS must have internet access to contact the software update service.

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.UpgradeCheckEventHandler.Start(BackgroundEventBase bgEvent)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.BackgroundEvent.BackgroundEventObject.BackgroundEventProc()

What I did was turn off the service, save, turn it back on, save. This seems like it solved the issue, so that the next check was successfull, and the now renowned TC4.2.1 was downloaded automatically.

Mihail