Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence MXP 770/880/990 EOS

linsua
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

These teams are in EOS, is clear. But I can upgrade to the latest version 9.x.x. I understand that by not being able to generate a new contract, should at least be able to update at my risk.

Regards,

Leandro

6 Replies 6

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Leandro,

I would recommend getting in contact with the Cisco Key Account Manager in order to evaluate possible migration options to newer products

Details about migration program can also be found on the eol notice

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11985/ps12100/end_of_life_notice_c51-688266.html

regards

Cristian

not possible migration for the customer, we only require update at your risk.

Can we possible?

Regards

Leandro

Hi Leandro,

Is the cusotmer already running F9 software version? If yes, then he can definitely upgrade to F9.3 which is the latest as it would be a minor upgrade and would not require a release key.

I believe you would only face issues with codecs which do not have F9 running software version. For all those units, you would need to first upgrade to F9 which would be a major upgrade and would require a release key.

Minor upgrades do not require any license keys and all you would need to do is just download the package file and push to the codec.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

I was aware of minor updates, but could not put the equipment in service because they are EOS, it would be illogical to upgrade to the latest version? If you can not buy, at least update to latest release

Regards,

Leandro

If you have a version lower than F9, this might be an option to be able to upgrade to latest software release.

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg

Thanks Patrick for the information,

Regards,

L