cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Tickets

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running TMS 13.1 as well as VCSC and VCSE. I keep having a ticket show up for one of them that is "System has reached resource limit". I know it was caused do to some testing, but want to now clear it. I cant get the warning to go away, I have tried clearing it, acknowledging it, etc. Anyone else seen this issue or know how to get it to go away?

14 Replies 14

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I've had the same issue a couple of times in the past with my VCS-E, only way I found to clear the ticket completely was to reboot the VCS-E.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Typically once you acknowledge the ticket the alarn goes away on the VCS and i would expect a force fresh of the VCS in TMS to resolve the tickets.

If they come back i would check the search history and as your dial plan may be causing hairpining of calls between teh boxes using up dobule the amount of call liciences. We have seen this happen with Findme and some dialplan configuraitons  when the users with Find me ( VCS Control)  accounts are both registered th the VCS E.

DoS also cause theis alarm on the VCS E where an attemtp to lauch lots of concurrent calls on SIP signaling ports. Usually associanted with lost of search requests in the search history.

In my case I know exactly what caused it, however, the one and only way I found I could clear the ticket from TMS was to reboot the offending VCS. (I think we were running X6.1 and 13.0 at the time - haven't had the problem since and am now on X7.0 and 13.1)

I realise this is an old topic but the question was never answered and we have the same problem. Even a persistent sip-scan that can't get through because of call-policy will be enough to raise this ticket and the ticket can't be cleared.

Rebooting the VCS whenever this happens is obviously not an option so if this was resolved I would like to know if this has been resolved in the VCS-firmware or in TMS (and if so, in which release)

I just had it happen again yesterday for the first time in a very long time, we're now on X7.1 and TMS 13.1.2, and still the only way I could clear it was to reboot VCS-E.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when TMS 13.2 is released in the very near future.

/jens

Thanks for the update, at least I know updating won't solve the problem...

I contacted Cisco support, you won't be able to clear the warnings on VCS but you can disable the warnings by setting the levels to zero: xconfig resourceusage warning activation level: 0 (default level is 90). You will still need to reboot but at least the warnings won't come back the next time.

Personally I can do without them, if I run out of resources I wil probably know before TMS will tell me and right now these warnings are not helpful (to me).

"system has reached resource limit" - the first thing to do is to confirm that this is a VCS allarm that TMS is just reporting on behalf of VCS ... from the posts it sounds as though it is.

Have a look at the VCS overview page ... what are the license limits.  If current reaches >= 90% of the License limit then VCS will generate an alarm - peak count will track the peak.

If current falls below the 90% limit you should be able to acknowledge the alarm on VCS and that should clear the Alarm TMS is reporting.

Resource limits may be reached for several reasons, e.g. number of registrations, number of traversal calls, number of non-traversal calls.

regards

Steve

Hello Stephen,

If you had read the previous posts completely you would have seen that we each know what the reason is / was and that that was not the problem.

The problem is / was that you can't clear these tickets without rebooting a VCS: If you acknowledge the warning on the VCS and the reason for the warning is gone, the ticket will still come back immediately after clearing it on TMS.

It would be better if it was just possible to acknowledge and clear these tickets as rebooting a VCS causes downtime.

Sometimes Cisco is a bit too eager to let you know you need to purchase additional licences ;-)

Hi Support department - is there an SR case number with logs and wireshark traces so I can look at the messaging between VCS and TMS?

Just to confirm, if you have a resource alarm on VCS, the alarm conditions go away, you acnowledge it on VCS then you do a Force Refresh on the TMS settings page for the VCS - are you saying that the alarm persists.

If so, this needs to be escalated to the BU - this should not be the behavior.

(I believe that the Force refresh just speeds up TMS's working, by default TMS will re-evaluate VCS alarms at its next poll period - force refresh will allow the TMS to re-evaluate alarms immediately)

Regards

Steve

Hello Stephen,

There are no logs / traces. This system is at a client's site and I don't have full access to their network at the moment.

Yes, the conditions are gone and warning is acknowledged. Just clearing the ticket already causes a refresh so it shouldn't even be necessary but even if you do and then clear the ticket it will create a new ticket instantly,

I was able to clear one on another VCS, to which I do have command-line access, but only after turning off the warnings (xconfig resourceusage warning activation level: 0) and then clearing the ticket.

The behaviour is the same on different VCS's (X5.2, X6.0 and, according to others, still around on X7.1)

Hi,

Looking forward to the escalation when you have some traces.

Steve

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I did a quick test on this with tms 13.1.2 and vcs 7.1. I changed the warning trigger level to 1% and made a call.

The warning got triggered and i could see it in TMS and on the VCS. Even when i achknowledged the ticket on the vcs it was still showing in the TMS after a force refresh. I changed the trigger level back to default 90% and the error was gone from the vcs, but still showing in tms... yes even after a force refresh. A restart did not clear it either. Gonna try rebooting to see if that can clear it. Seems like a bug to me since i don't think this is expected behavior unless i have missed something. all the other achknowledged tickets on the vcs dissappeared im TMS, except this one.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus,

Thank you ... I too have done some testing and observed some odd results ... as you are seeing the capacity alarms seem to be handled differently to other alarms ..... I will get this investigated further.

Thanks for the update.

Steve