cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading SX20 via CUCM 11.5

Peter Arment
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 25 SX20s that are registered in Call Manager (11.5). I would like to upgrade the units to CE8.2.2 and was hoping to put the upgrade via Call Manager. I have the cop.sgn file needed (cmterm-s52010ce8_2_2.k3.cop.sgn) but was wondering if I needed to load it to the tftp servers on all three of the servers in my cluster?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

It is recommended to install the cop files on all the servers, you can check the Release notes of the above mentioned cop file before installing it on the cucm cluster

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

It is recommended to install the cop files on all the servers, you can check the Release notes of the above mentioned cop file before installing it on the cucm cluster

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the quick response.

I was able to load the cop file on all three servers in our cluster and am now able to upgrade the SX20s to CE via Call Manager. The only issue I have yet to resolve is on one of my servers the common disk usage increased to 81% causing an RTMT alert. I am researching now how best to resolve that issue.

Hi Peter,

Is the issue with high disk usage only on one CUCM server out of the three in the cluster. Can you compare the OVA's of all three servers and see if there is any diff in vRAM, vDisk or users. Also, is this the main call processing server with detailed logs enabled or any other special customized files loaded?

Manish

The server in question is the main call processing subscriber. All three servers were built with the same OVA. The disk, RAM, and users are the same. No logging is enabled that is not set by default and no special customized files loaded that I am aware of.

Using RTMT Trace & Log Central/Remote Browse I looked for CTIManager and CallManager logs under Crash Dumps on the server in question and found none. Should I be looking elsewhere for log files that should be deleted to make disk space?

You may delete the traces from the server using RTMT by using Collect Log files option, on the last page you have an option to delete files from server that needs to be checked, try deleting traces for past 3-4 months.

I have never had to collect traces from the system before so I have a few questions.

Is this service impacting from a call processing point of view?

Should I wait for a maintenance window?

Will deleting these traces affect system operations?

When I go to Trace & Log Central/Collect Files I see a lot of file check boxes under the "Select UCM Service/Applications" and "Select System Services/Applications" tabs. Should I check them all for the server in question?

Trace collection does not normally cause any issues with cucm unless the cucm is already experiencing high CPU/RAM usage at that particular point of time. You can safely delete the traces by selecting a range of upto a week and do it in small batches rather than deleting entire 2-3 months in one operation. The main traces that do take a lot of space are the Callmanager service and CTI manager service traces , so you can start by deleting them first for the past 2-3 months. If you still experience any alerts then this will require further probing by checking which files are using the most space.

HTH

Manish