Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS as appliance transfer to a VMware?

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all

Is it possible to make license transfer of VCS-Control as appliance to a VMware ? also convert the whole running VCS to a VMware.

If yes, what is the procedure and amybe exist a Purchase Order ?

Best regards

Georg

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

There should be options to convert the licenses from appliance to VM, though I don't know the specifics of what they are - it might be worth emailing licensing@cisco.com about that. But I do remember chatting to one of the product managers about them in the past.

As for converting the running appliance to a VM, I think you coud either take a back up of the exisiting VCS and restore it to the VM one, like you would for an RMA, or add the new VM to the existing cluster and once it is all synced up take the old VCS out of the cluster.

There is a VM VCS deployment guide here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Virtual_Machine_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Hi Georg,

I agree with Guy in the above post and I would just like to add, in case of any break/fix, Cisco wouldn't support you with any software/technical/hardware troubleshooting because you have moved from thier hardware appliance to your own VM appliance which might not be supported/recommended by Cisco.

So , please take this move accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

We do support VM VCS as long as the recommended configuration has been followed - 2 cores, 6GB RAM, not over committed. This is what the OVA file will deploy.

Hi Guy

Thank you for your Input, I have asked the License team to get me a little bit more Info.

I think the recommended configuration will be not a Problem, the Customer has a huge VM farm, to give the VCS VM the right CPU and RAM.

The Problem was which I have heard from the Sales team, that will be cost the same as I would buy a new VCS as VM.

So I will see what I the License team will says.

Regards

Georg

Hi

I think I have found the Product number in the CCW

-->

For HW Migration to E-Delivery Virtual VCS Control Only

I'm not really sure, but the Description say this it is.

Best Regards

Georg