cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C to VCS-E manually start SIP Connection

furdog
Level 1
Level 1

I have the connection from VCS-C to VCS-E working correctly VCS-C is on the LAN and VCS-E is on the DMZ. I am trying to firewall the configuration correctly based on the documentation. When I add certain rules it breaks the SIP zone connection. I have to remove the rules and restart the VCS-C to get the Zone to connect again. Is there a way to make the zone attempt the connection again without having to restart? Yes, I'm a noob at this, forgive me if the terminology is not correct. 

Fur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The VCS-C should always try to reinitiate the connection. Maybe its your firewall / nat in between

which is behaving strange here.

In general if you allow the outbound communication from the c to the e and the answer back in

you should be fine.

Regards forcing the reestabishment of the connection, you could go to the traversal client zone

on the vcs-c, set the sip mode to off, save, go into the zone setting again, set it to on and save.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Do you mean the traversal zone between the VCS-C and the VCS-E stops working? If so, just change the port and save (you need to do this on both the VCS-C and VCS-E) and it should start working again without having to restart.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The VCS-C should always try to reinitiate the connection. Maybe its your firewall / nat in between

which is behaving strange here.

In general if you allow the outbound communication from the c to the e and the answer back in

you should be fine.

Regards forcing the reestabishment of the connection, you could go to the traversal client zone

on the vcs-c, set the sip mode to off, save, go into the zone setting again, set it to on and save.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

furdog
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. We had some routing issues between the DMZ and the LAN and once I was able to ping the VCS-C and E, I wanted to make sure it was communicating.