cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS calls terminate with 481 Call/Transaction Does not Exist

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is experiencing call termination after about 45 mins.

These are only external calls via VCS Control/Expressway. Sometimes the call may survive beyond 45 mins and terminate successfully, other times it will disconnect anywhere between 45 mins to over an hour with the error 481 Call/Transaction does not Exist.

Strangely this only seems to be the case with calls out to a Webex address although it needs to be confirmed its not any external call.

The customer has recently change firewalls to Palo Alto and I'm thinking that this may have something to do with it (NAT/ALG etc).

Has anyone had this type of problem before?

If it were a timer expiry I'd expect there to be a problem for every call and it would always be the same time.

Thanks

Oli

6 Replies 6

We are experiencing this issue as well.  Is there any resolution to this problem?

Any finding on this issue?

I am also having this issue but it appears I am only having it with one particular location which leads me to believe the problem is on their end. From the call record it appears that the far end sends me a BYE request.

Far end can send BYE, if that end did not receive response for SIP Invite, triggered by session refresh timer. So, take that into your consideratuin as well.

fookeongc
Level 1
Level 1

I have been working on the same issue as described for weeks, working on all possible ways to get it fix and is a painful process.

Finally, I found the root cause. It was on the DNS server. I have 4 DNS server defined in VCSE and the 3rd one was unable to resolve any domain. I removed the 3rd DNS and all working fine. Lesson learned, if possible maintain only one working DNS.

Hope this is not too late and helpful.

Wouldn’t a better lesson learned be always maintain a working DNS? It should not matter how many servers you reference, all of them should keep the correct information.

Response Signature