cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conferencing and Content Sharing (Presenting)

ce4kotooo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys.

I'm interested in video conferencing and  content sharing at the same time. How is the whole thing made? From what  I've found in the internet I saw that the protocol that is used is  H.239 over H.323, but basically that's all I found.

Are  there several types of sharing content? Are the voice and video sharing  the same stream with the content? Is the content available only on  another screen or it can be mixed with the video in the same screen? Is  there a place where can see a sample call flow of the whole operation?

Thanks,

Kiril

3 Replies 3

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is several method for content share.

SIP: BFCP (open two video channels, one for main video and other for content video channel).

H.323: H.239 (open two video channels, one for main video and other for content video channel).

Also TIP for sending multiple video stream in same video channel.

BFCP/H.239 is common method for sending content channel.

It open two video channels and sending video stream separately but usually audio will mix (mix audio from microphone and other input like DVD audio a part of content sharing).

Basic call flow (in most common method) for H.239 is…,

1. Endpoint request H.239 token
  2. Far end device (Endpoint while in point-to-point call or MCU while in multi sites call) grant H.239 token
  3. Endpoint close main video channel and re-CapSet negotiation
  4. Open main video channel and content video channel (usually split original main video channel bandwidth in 50%/50% to two video channels)

Addition to above content sharing method, Cisco TelePresence MCU support content sharing on main video channel (MCU mix content video channel into one of video panel in main video stream) for Endpoint doesn’t support 2nd video capability.

Excellent summary Tomo.

Thanks,

Amir

Hi Tomonori,

Thanks for bringing this information up.

how about content sharing between 2 conference calls as example Cisco MCU and Zoom Meeting?.

Let's say, there's a conference call in Cisco MCU, and on the other hand, there's also a conference call in zoom meeting with another participants.
Calls are made between Cisco MCU and Zoom Meeting (CRC), How does Cisco user side view a meeting layout/display when a user from the Zoom side make presentations and vice versa? (how does Zoom user side view meeting layout when a user from Cisco side make presentations).

Thanks