cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Board HDMI Out

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question. Customer of ours opted to purchase a Webex Board and it is used in their conference room as their primary webex device for meetings. With their device before, they have 2 TV's on the wall on the side walls connected through one HDMI connection. We thought sure, we can plug them into the HDMI out and duplicate what is on the webex board. Apparently that is not the case, not supported yet. Trying to think of any options to get the webex board output replicated to the TV's. At first I thought about Webex Share in companion mode, but that won't work from what I can tell. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To clarify, do you mean a Webex Board Pro? There are three hardware generations: Board, Board S, and Board Pro. IIRC only the Pro will support HDMI out for a secondary display. 
If the Pro, talk to the customer’s Cisco account team about the limitation and ask for an estimate of when it will be addressed. We’re prohibited from discussing forward-looking/not public info here.

PS- Companion mode is very specific; the Board is always the companion/secondary device. The primary must be a Room Kit codec.

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

It is indeed a Pro 75, strange I opened a new ticket about it with TAC and this engineer is telling me it should work.  hmmmm  Though it is not.  I have engineer that is going to be onsite Thursday so I will have him test again.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A contact in the BU just confirmed the output port is not enabled yet. It's coming but I can't discuss timelines here. I suggest reaching out to your Collab TSA for more detail.

Hello Jonathan, by chance have you heard any update on this yet and when it might be available.  Customer is asking again.  Thank you!

I'm being told it hit general availability in the July release. They're working to remove "coming soon" from the data sheet.