cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Content Sharing Through MCU

brandonthor
Level 1
Level 1

We have our setup using WebEx CMR with CUCM and Expressway C&E, and can connect perfectly with our many SX20's, 80's and Jabber in a 1 to 1 call.  However, when I add our 5320 MCU to the mix, we cannot get content to pass through from WebEx to the Cisco clients, or Cisco clients to WebEx.

Content sharing from WebEx does not show up on the MCU.  Where can I look for the solution?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

How is this setup - are you using CMR Hybrid? Or are you just trying to call from the MCU to the Webex URI (123456789@xxxx.webex.com)? If the latter - why not just have everyone call into that Webex URI and use the cloud bridging resources - why cascade an on prem MCU with the cloud MCU resources? Just trying to understand your call scenario

Yes, I believe it is CMR Hybrid.

In our scenario, we are connecting multiple (3-15) room systems, with an occasional WebEx user thrown in the mix.  In that event, I would be joining the WebEx room from the MCU with the dial string you mentioned.

Yes, I realize we could dial out from each video endpoint on the campus locations, but we still really rely on the MCU for the automation of automatically connecting calls.

With CMR hybrid your bridging resources are on premise only. There's an install process for that coordinated with Expressway, TMS, etc. It sounds like you are using cloud CMR but cascading from your on premise MCU. Not a supported use case, but I would think it it would work. 

Question - if you dial directly to the CMR conference (not using the 5320) do you still have a content issue between the video endpoint(s) and the Webex clients? If so you don't have a firewall issue, in that case I'd guess you have a compatibility issue between your MCU and the cloud bridging resources. What SW version is your MCU? Are your on net calls SIP or H.323? And what is your call control - VCS, CUCM?

You can use one button to push with CMR cloud - does that not solve your automatic issue? No URI dialing required.... 

I think we should keep CMR Hybrid out of this thread; that was a very specific architecture that is (thankfully) end of sale and not what the OP is doing.

Also, I’m not aware of any document that states an MCU cannot call into a Cloud CMR bridge; I’m not sure how it would even tell the difference TBH.

Assuming the call path is MCU -SIP-> CUCM -SIP-> Exp-C -SIP-> Exp-E -SIP-> Internet -SIP-> Webex, I would start by grabbing CUCM SDL traces of a working direct call and a non-working call from the MCU. Compare the SIP dialogs and look for differences. Does BFCP negotiate? What happens to the SDP offer/answer?