Helpful
Replies

WebEx RoomKit OBTP

m.funk
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,
I have the following problem.
We want to join MS Teams Meeting with our WebEx RoomKit using WebEx Hybrid Calendar.
Everything has been set up as far as it goes. Created a resource mailbox and set the permissions.
But now I have the following problem

I invite the Roomkit to a MS Teams meeting.
The Roomkit automatically accepts the invitation and enters it in the calendar.
On the Touch 10 the appointment is displayed.

Now I have the following problem:
The OBTP is not displayed on the Touch 10 for every invitation, sometimes the OBTP is not present and the RoomKit cannot join the appointment.
The behavior is not always the same, I can invite the Roomkit with the same user several times, sometimes it works and then again not.

Does anyone have an idea about this.

There are scrennshots of the RoomKit in the attachment.
The same appointment once with OBTO once without.

Greetings
Mathias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Xcommands are used via the CLI.

What type of Hybrid Calendar integration do you use, cloud connector or Expressway?

It’s your system landscape, so it would be you that could know if you have TMS and TMSXE. Although having these would not automatically mean that you use it for displaying OBTP, that would depend upon how you setup your calendar integration.

Have you checked that the content of the body in the invite for the room resource account is kept intact? The default setting in O365 is to clear the body of the invite.

If you have a need to keep this configuration to strip the content of the body in the room account calendar then the account used for the invite needs to also be enabled for Hybrid Calendar, as then this is what is used to show the OBTP in the room. This is quite clearly outlined in the documentation for setup of Hybrid Calendar.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @m.funk,

are you using VIMT (CVI) or do you join via WebRTC?

Is your invitation process always the same (in both the working and non-working scenario)?

Has the resource mailbox been set up to not delete comments (which in this case is the body of the invitation)? 

Are you using TMS/TMSXE?

Is your user or the Room Kit enabled for the Hybrid Calendar service (I assume yes, at least for the Room Kit)?

Are you using cloud to cloud (O365 to Webex Cloud) or Exchange on-prem integration?

You can also check the booking details via the CLI by issuing the command xCommand Bookings List. This will show details about the booking / invitation.

Usually the error is not related to the Room Kit itself, as the Hybrid Calendar Connector pushes the relevant information to the system. So it would be good to check that integration.

Best regards,

Igor

m.funk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply Igor Lukic.
I am using WebRTC. The invitation process is always the same, the resource mailbox is invited to an appointment. The request is automatically accepted and entered in the resource mailbox.
The procedure is always the same, the result is not.

How can I tell if we are using TMS or TMSXE?

An Exchange Hybrid is used. The mailbox is set up on Exchange Online and is known and verified to WebEx. WebRTC and the hybrid calendar are enabled in admin.webex.

I have reset the RoomKit for now.

what is the best way to use xcommand?

Access via https:// to the Roomkit or should I log in via ssh to the Roomkit.

I just sent 5 appointment invitations and not once could I accept the appointment via the RoomKit, I don't get it.

Greetings
Mathias

Xcommands are used via the CLI.

What type of Hybrid Calendar integration do you use, cloud connector or Expressway?

It’s your system landscape, so it would be you that could know if you have TMS and TMSXE. Although having these would not automatically mean that you use it for displaying OBTP, that would depend upon how you setup your calendar integration.

Have you checked that the content of the body in the invite for the room resource account is kept intact? The default setting in O365 is to clear the body of the invite.

If you have a need to keep this configuration to strip the content of the body in the room account calendar then the account used for the invite needs to also be enabled for Hybrid Calendar, as then this is what is used to show the OBTP in the room. This is quite clearly outlined in the documentation for setup of Hybrid Calendar.

Response Signature

Thanks @Roger Kallberg for your reply. In addition to @Roger Kallberg's great feedback, it would be interesting, if you have registered you Room Kit to the Webex Cloud or to a CUCM.

In the case of the Webex Cloud, you will need to enable SSH (if not already enabled) on the device via Control Hub or via the web interface of the system. Here is an example for the Control Hub based approach:

image.png 

After clicking on All configurations, just search for SSH:

image.png

And then you need to go to the web interface of the Room Kit and create a local admin user, in order to be able to login via SSH on the endpoint, as cloud logins are not supported via CLI.

If the system is registered to CUCM, then you might have to enable SSH in the device configuration (Network Services -> SSH) in CUCM:

image.png

After you book the meeting, you can issue the xcommand to check the contents.

Best regards,

Igor

Hello Roger, could you explain in more detail about the snippet shown below as a possible cause of the problem? I'm going through the same problem and would like to understand better, does this default O365 configuration that is mentioned only impact OBTP? Because the meeting invitation is displayed intact on the screen, only the button is not...

I’m not seeing any snippet. Did you forget to add it?

Response Signature

m.funk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

many thanks for your help!
@Roger Kallberg, thanks to your idea I was able to solve the problem
The kaleder of the RoomKit has always deleted the invitation. This was not noticed by me.
Now I have disabled this via PowerShell and it always appears the OBTP!

@Igor Lukic , thank you very much for the support

Thank you and wish everyone a nice day.

Best regards
Mathias

Can you please share the powershell command you did?

I got the exactly same issues.

Could you share the details for what you have disabled and how to do it by PowerShell. Thank you.

feibo yang
Level 1
Level 1

I got the details about PowerShell below.

First, get the output from the PowerShell of o365:

• Get-CalendarProcessing -Identity "email@domain" | Format-List

Where the email@domian is the resource mailbox of the tested device.

Then check the output and do changes, in the output the following setting should be set:

• Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -DeleteComments $false
  • Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -DeleteSubject $false
  •            Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -AddOrganizerToSubject $false
  • Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $True

We applied the PS commands and all is working fine.

Ursula.mamazza1
Level 1
Level 1

this was extremely helpful!!! shared it with one of my partners experiencing this same issue and it fixed it!   Thank you!!!

alexba1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

thank you very much for the help and support here. I have exactly the same issue that the OBTP does not appear.

I applied all settings recommended here: (Was already applied before but just to double check)

• Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -DeleteComments $false
  • Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -DeleteSubject $false
  •            Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -AddOrganizerToSubject $false
  • Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "mail@domain" -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $True

The device is registered to the hub. SSH is switched on. The issue is that even with the API command no join is possible.

When I invite the room from an internal user the join is possible and you see the button on the Navigator.

So besides the settings already mentioned here...any further settings to apply. 

I already double checked with the teams-app (logged in with the room resource) and there I can always join the meeting

Thanks for help

Alex