Helpful
Replies

Weird VCS licenses use

Smartnetfrance
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've got a strange license issue on a virtual VCS installed on a BE6K:

I've got an endpoint registered both in H323 and SIP on the VCS (7.2.1) and a Cisco Jabber for windows registered on a CUCM (9.1). CUCM and VCS are linked by a SIP trunk.

Here is my issue:

I can establish a connexion calling from the endpoint to jabber: it uses 1 non-traversal call.

When I make a call from jabber to the endpoint, VCS reject the call because max traversal call is exeeded ! When I check the overview dashboard, I can see that this call is using 9 traversal call!

Does anyone of you have any idea about this ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Bruno

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the cause of loop usually (but not the only) is a bad searchrule which forking the calls through multiple zones. if you enable your debug mode on VCS and log through logs you would see how many zones were considered as a potential candiate for destination of call and whether a branched call was created.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

bruno zenkri
Level 1
Level 1

Update: sorry, i used a wrong CCO. This message comes from me.

Thx

Look like you might have a similar issue to that which we have faced. It seem as though you can get into a loop state where the call is passed out to the VCS-e from the VCS-c then back and forth. Although there is a loop detection on the VCS, we have found that this doesn't always work. Basically, the loop stop when it has consumed all traversal licenses

Have a look here : - https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3910720#3910720

the cause of loop usually (but not the only) is a bad searchrule which forking the calls through multiple zones. if you enable your debug mode on VCS and log through logs you would see how many zones were considered as a potential candiate for destination of call and whether a branched call was created.

Hi Ahmad,

I've just add a new transform to avoid my CUCM call to loop into multiple zone and it's working!

WIthout transform, the call went through all the zone I created.

Thanks for all.

Regards,

BZ

Hi Bruno,

that's because transform is executable before admin and user call policy.

Best regards,

Ahma

Hi Ahmad,

What is the order that the VCS utilizies to route a call?  From what you mentioned, I can conclude the following:

1. Transform

2. Admin Policy

3. User Call Policy

Is transform the first element that the VCS analyzes?

TIA,

Amir

Hello Amir,

Yes, that's correct in the order you mentioned.

regards,Ahmad