Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
poker0701
Beginner

Can I use WebEx Room Kit as the USB camera for a laptop? Or is it only WebEx Room Kit Mini that allows that?

Can I use WebEx Room Kit as the USB camera for a laptop? Or is it only WebEx Room Kit Mini that allows that? I have not found a type-C port on the device. And my laptop doesn't detect the WebEx Room Kit as a WEB-camera thorough iab or micro-usb port

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is a H.323 or SIP endpoint, so it can be registered to pretty well any other call control platform you have that supports standards based endpoints.
Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Wayne DeNardi
VIP Advisor

No, the Webex Room Kit cannot be used as a USB camera.

The Webex Room Kit Mini is the only device in the current line up that can be used that way.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for your answer! And can I use it with any other video conference services, beside Cisco's?

Thank you for your answer! And can I use it with any other video conference services, beside Cisco's?

It is a H.323 or SIP endpoint, so it can be registered to pretty well any other call control platform you have that supports standards based endpoints.
Wayne
--

View solution in original post

With a Webex CVI (Cloud Video Interop) subscription USD$50/month, you will be able to join a Webex endpoint (e.g. Room Kit or Webex Board) to a MS Teams hosted meeting. This is supposed to become general release any week now (Sep 2020?).

Hello @Wayne DeNardi ,

Are you aware if Deskpro could be used as an external camera to a PC (similar to Mini), since it offers Type-C connectivity, like Mini? 

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

You can.

Join any meeting. Connecting a laptop with USB-C enables you to join meetings from third-party meeting providers while leveraging the Webex Desk Pro's camera, speaker, and microphone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-desk-pro/datasheet-c78-743105.html

Response Signature

Yes, you can, but it isn't the most cost effective solution to add a camera to a PC unless you already have the DeskPro.

Wayne
--
George Sotiropoulos
VIP Collaborator

Thank you @Nithin Eluvathingal , I should have read this prior of checking in the CSC... I was wondering if anyone has tried this already.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Content for Community-Ad