cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 TC6.1.0 to Polycom VSX 7000 no Audio

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have just loaded TC6.1.0 on to a couple of our EX90s to do some testing.

When we connect (H.323) to one of our Polycom VSX7000 endpoints (running the latest firmware 9.0.6.2-103) we get no audio on our EX90.

Interesting thing is, if we put the EX90 in to Diagnostics Mode (Settings/Diagnostics/On) and do the exact same dial, we do get audio.

Both endpoints are on the same subnet, connected to the same VCS-C.  Downgrading the EX90 back to TC6.0.1 or 5.1.7 resolves the issue as well.

Does anyone else have the same issue, or know of a simple fix?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wayne.  Thanks for the update.  Is it possible for you to post packet trace from your device?  I'd like to see the signalling here from H323 perspective if its possible.  One working and non working if possible.  If you don't want to post here, you can private message me if you want.  Let me know.  Thanks.

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tried TC6.1.1 as well.  Still the same problem.  Making a call gets no audio from the Polycom unless the EX90 is in Diagnostics mode.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello, we have the same problem connecting from an EX90 with TC6.1.1 (just upgraded from TC5.1) to our Cisco Tandberg MCU 4205. The problem exist only if we place a H.323 call. With SIP protocol it's all ok.

Does any fix exist or the only way is to downgrade?

We have the same problem in a mixed Cisco EX series/C series/SX20 + Polycom hdx/vsx enviroment, problem came with tc6.1. Because of this problem, I have just upgraded a few units to tc6.1.x

Some observations:

- The probelem is not only EX90 with VSX/V series calls, I have noticed the same problem with C40 (at least)

- As stated above, SIP calls is OK

- Doing the opposite of what Wayne did, running the VSX in diagnostic (basic) mode, "fix" the problem.

- The problem seems to be random, at least for me. 2-3 of 10 calls may be OK, with G722 audio bidirectional.

- We use VCS-C, testing EX90 and VSX7000 reg with a Tandberg Gatekeeper seemed to eliminate the problem.

- Calls via Codian MCU is OK (not suprisingly). But I may have misunderstood the above post.

I have not found time to do any Wireshark traces etc. But with this random behaviour, muLaw/aLaw is what comes first to my mind. In some other settings I have seen, or rather heard, noicy audio problems depending on witch endpoint becomes master/slave when capability is negotiated/determined during call setup. This is only a guess though.....

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wayne.  Whats the bit rate you making the call at? I'm assuming on call control page, you see no receive audio information on the web gui?

VR

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

It doesn't matter what rate I make the call at, I get no audio, only video, from the remote end.

The Call Status on the touchpanel while in these calls shows receive audio as being Off..

If I set the EX90s in to diagnostics mode or downgrade the firmware it all works fine and Call Status shows the receive audio as G722 - Mono.

Wayne

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Wayne. One more thing for me here. Ive seen this two or three times out of eight or so calls, so it was sporadic at best. You see the same as well or is it every call you see this?

Would be nice to know. We've raised an inquiry anyhow, so will let you know what we find.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

It's been very consitent for us.  Every call we make from a TC6.1.x EX90 to the Polycom gets video but no audio.

When downgrading, or putting the EX in to diagnostics mode, it works 100% of the time.

Wayne

Got my hands on a spare C60 and gave that a try as well.  Exactly the same result.  TC6.1.x dialling in to the Polycom gets no audio - downgrading to TC6.0.x gets the audio back.

Wayne

Hi Wayne.  Thanks for the update.  Is it possible for you to post packet trace from your device?  I'd like to see the signalling here from H323 perspective if its possible.  One working and non working if possible.  If you don't want to post here, you can private message me if you want.  Let me know.  Thanks.

VR

Patrick

Thanks for your email Patrick.  Yes, we are able to test TC6.2RC2 if you can provide it to us to see if that fixes the issue.

Wayne

Thanks Patrick,

TC6.2 doesn't solve the issue.  Same symptoms as TC6.1.

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We've logged a job with TAC for this now. SR 626317121.

Wayne

Update: This has now been added to Cisco Bug CSCuh27649.

Wayne

Update: We were provided with a copy of the Release Candidate of the TC6.2.1 software.  This seems to have resolved the issue. 

Wayne