Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to pair Touch 8 with SX20

STEVEN READ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a customer who has an SX20 quickset, and is having problems with pairing the Touch 8. The codec and touch panel are both set to static IP addessing on the same vlan. When trying to pair, the TP cannot find the codec. However, if he puts a HUB/ or switch in between the TP and codec i.e. TP plugged in HUB > then connected to core switch, the TP can pair to the codec fine.

Am i wrong to think that there maybe a VLAN tagging or port security issue on the TP switch port? Do you guys have any other ides on what it could be?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

3 Replies 3

STEVEN READ
Level 1
Level 1

The issue has been solved. Seems the that Cisco touch panel does not like in-line power from the connecting switch. Disabled in-line power on that port, and now the touch can pair

Hi there Sread,

We have many Touch 8's here (about 80) and have seen the same issue.

Disabling POE (power inline never) on the network switch does seem to resolve the issue for us, and pairing with C90, C60, C20, SX20 seems to work again.

If POE is enabled we see Touch 8 pairing become quite intermittent, much to the frustration of users and support staff.

To Cisco: Is there a Bug Reference or statement from Cisco advising on this?

Thanks, Joy

Correction: Disabling POE (power inline never) on the network switch PORT does seem to resolve the issue for us, and pairing with C90, C60, C20, SX20 seems to work again.

(we just disabled POE on the ports which had Touch 8 or vid conf endpoint, we didn't disable POE on the entire switch)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: