cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is required for a vTPS on a Multipaty Media 400v hardware?

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

According to the Cisco TelePresence Server Data Sheet, I just required 2 line items;

The hardware itself - VTS-LSVR-M3

The TPS VM software - R-VTS-K9

However breaking down what is included in the VTS-LSVR-M3, it doesnt look as if this includes any VMWare OS (ESXI)? So I just want to confirm if ESXI is also required to build this solution - it is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the ordering guides, data sheets etc. The only mention is in the TPS Release Notes and Install Guides that state ESXI 5.5 is REQUIRED.

Please could someone clarify this for me.

If i DO require ESXI, am I correct in think this is the correct SKU for ordering ESXI on the VTS-LSVR-M3 = R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 ?

Thanks

David

11 Replies 11

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Unfortunately its not clear but yes, VMware licenses need to be ordered separately. The part number you mentioned above is correct.

Please rate useful posts.

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, David Anstee.

For the VTS -LSVR-M3, I believe that the ESXI OS does not include on this. You would need additional license for this server but i will check  my resources if you need the ESXI as a requirement. Kindly email me at (bsiapco@cisco.com) for further assistance.

Happy to Serve!

Barry

Hi Barry

I have a project and the 400v are still delivered but i think the hyperrvisor is not included.

Could you confirm that the must be the ESXi5.5 ordered separate? 

Thanks for a quick feedback

Best regards

Georg

R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9  - Partnumber for vmware is correct.

400v now changed to 410v. Updated datasheet is available http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-server/data_sheet_C78-7287571.html

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr

Ok thanks , yes I have seen that a new TP server HW is available, but we have received the 400v version.

regards

Georg

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David,

Have you ever managed this? I have also same issue wherin VTS-LSVR-M3 (Hardware), R-VTS-K9 (Software) were just in the BoM. No VMware included. I think we need this to deploy the virtual machine?

Do I need separate license to order for VMware ESXi?

regards,

Sy

Hi Sy,

yes, you need to order a separate VMware license, you have just to check that your VMware license supports 30 vcpus.

You could use for example the part number R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 for ordering a VMware license for that server.

For the new MM410v Server it's possible to order a VMware license together with the server with one SKU.

Thanks

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your immediate response. If I order the license, how can i get the OS installer? I'm new with VMware so i need assistance on this. Do you have documentation on how to install VMware to the Multiparty Media 400v server?

Thanks,

Sy

Hi Sy,

the link for the install the virtual Telepresence server:

Install Guide virtual Telepresence Server

A good source for installation of VMware is always docwiki.cisco.com

Docwiki Link for VMware Deployments

From my point of view a good document to start is 

Cisco Collaboration on VMware Document

You can get the VMware software for the installation on the VMware page, but you have to create an account on the Vmware page.

Hi Sy,

The 410v comes with ESXi pre-installed and a single virtual machine already deployed. The guides included by Sebastian include details on how to set the IP addresses etc, but there is no need to install ESXi directly. You do need to apply a VMWare license key as these are purchased separately.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. The Multiparty Media 400v servers already ordered and already in the site for installation. Not yet powered on the servers to check physically on what is inside the servers. 

I asked for the BOM of this project and here's the contents for the Telepresence Servers. I can't see any part number for the VMware "R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 - Cisco UC Virt. Foundation 5.x (2-Socket)" for these 2 servers .

thanks,

Sy