cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

According to incoming numbers, the call is routed to the different VG.

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

My CUCM is Ver.12.5. There is a SIP trunk between the CUCM and another PBX as the attached picture. 

I met a requirement. The outbound calls from 1XXX on PBX are routed to VG A through SIP Trunk. The outbound calls from 2XXX on PBX are routed to VG B through SIP Trunk.

I know a solution

1. The called numbers of outbound call from 1XXX are prefixed with 1, and the called numbers of outbound call from 2XXX are prefixed with 2 before leaving the PBX

2. The call is routed to CUCM through SIP Trunk. 

3. To match different Route Pattern, and then transfer to the different VGs. 

I don't like the above solution.   Do you have another solution?  Is it possible to route calls to the different VG according to the calling number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look at this excellent post for details on how to set this up. It outlines how to block calls, so it’s not a straight up fit, but this can easily be modified slightly to route calls instead.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

In CM you can route calls based on calling number instead of the normal to use called number. Google it and you’ll find plenty of references on how to set this up.

Response Signature

Look at this excellent post for details on how to set this up. It outlines how to block calls, so it’s not a straight up fit, but this can easily be modified slightly to route calls instead.

Response Signature