Views
Helpful
Replies

add BLF to IP Phone 7861

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

i have IP Phone 7861 , my request is enable BLF at this IP Phone to check status for any other line.

for example

IP Phone 7861 have 16 buttons in right side , first one for IP Phone 7861 it self, i need to assign second one ( right side) for no 2000 and button turned red if line 2000 is busy then green if he not busy, now second button is assign as only speed dial for line 2000, and other buttons also need to assign to others lines

pls find attched image

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're an end user, you need to reach out to IT so they can configure those as BLF SDs for you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

ks for reply, but I'm VoIP IT , if you have a guide for my request i will be appreciate 

You don't mention what call control you use, if you google cucm + blf OR cme + blf you'll find the documentation and most likely also videos on how to do this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks again for you reply , but i already did search for my request, I found a lot of articles for normal BLF, but I need BLF for 7861 as i mention above, you don't ask for CUCM version, you think I`m an end-user if I was, why I have to contact cisco community and ask even i don't have privileges to change my call control? 

pls if you can help i will be appreciated 

There is no difference on how you configure a BLF speed dial across phone models. Assume that you have CM so please follow this document. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_0100100.html

Response Signature

finally, I found an expert to help !

thanks a lot, Roger for your help and usual support, I will read this guide carefully, thanks agian 

You’re welcome. Not to hard, just Goggle “configure blf on cisco callmanager”.

Response Signature

Thanks roger

pls find below url, this is what exactly I need , but when I tried to follow steps i get nothing 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-ip-phone-7861-blf/td-p/2680223

Please share screenshots of your BLF speed dials configuration from CM.

Response Signature

thansk roger

pls find 4 screenshots in attached

Thank, that part looks correct. Please show the actual BLF configuration on the device and also the other required parts, such as Subscribe CSS and so on as outlined in the document that I shared.

Response Signature

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Easy there Ahmed.  Maybe something is getting lost in translation.  You indicate that you have a 7861, so perhaps the initial understanding was you are an end user.  A BLF is a BLF, it is a speed dial that cannot be configured by an end user only the system administrator.  What Jamie is pointing out is there will be a lot of documentation for this configuration process but it will differ if you are using CUCM or CME.  His suggestion is to Google BLF CME or BLF CUCM based on your call control application.

CUCM BLF videos https://www.google.com/search?q=Cisco+BLF+cucm&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=AOaemvKzSrqf_MbEn_40JAz2wm18Y6QJOg:1641922645792&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiX4rPAnqr1AhVPc98KHUjBDrYQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1760&bih=824&dpr=1.09

CME BLF videos

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cisco+BLF+cme&client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1760&bih=824&tbm=vid&sxsrf=AOaemvJW5-686Rx7hWu13hGIQ2C17Z1TnQ%3A1641922649339&ei=WcDdYb-AFOSj_QaiqJf4DA&ved=0ahUKEwj_kIzCnqr1AhXkUd8KHSLUBc8Q4dUDCAw&uact=5&oq=Cisco+BLF+cme&gs_lcp...

thanks TomMar for posting, as i told Jamie before, i did a lot for search with no result match my request, i use cucm 12, your search is only type CUCM+BLF or CM+BLF, this is not good typing to get the best results, my quest is BLF for ip phone 7861 not any BLF !!!

i hope i clear my point this time

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All

i found what i look for ( get help from Reger private ) just assign a user with Ip Phone with no need to set BLF presence group, only softkey for BLF 

thanks Roger for your usual support, thanks all