cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a 8800 to 11.5 CUCM

JohnBushong8071
Level 1
Level 1

I went to add my new 8800 router to the 11.5 Call Manager and I don't see it listed in the drop-down. I have yet to find a document that tells me how to make this happen. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

For what reason do you want to add the router?
If it is not listed, then it's not supported. Easy as that.

@b.winter I'm assuming that the OP is using MGCP for the control protocol of the voice gateways. With that you'd have to add the actual model of the gateway.

@JohnBushong8071 Without reading the release notes for various releases of CM, but I would assume that this information would be listed in that type of document. Have you read the release notes for the SU releases that came after your current deployed version? If it is not there it might require an actual upgrade to a newer major release. I checked on two of our CMs and it is present in both 12.5SU5 and 14SU2.

Response Signature

We are running 11.5. I was incorrect on the router model; it is actually 8300. I could not find anything in the 8300 install documents for compatibility, so I am assuming I need a .cop file from TAC. 

You need to upgrade to CM version 12.5SU4. There is no support for these models of routers in 11.x.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg I don't see anything for CUCM version 11.5 and these router types in the Matrix:

Unbenannt.PNG

That’s because it is not supported in any 11.x version. As stated in the compatibility list it requires 12.5SU4 or above.

Response Signature

I thought so, just wanted to make sure.