Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding subscriber to BE6K 9.1.3

Hi All,

We are adding a second BE6K server to an existing BE6K 9.1.3 to one of our clients. the current CUCM and Unity are currently running on the same virtual machine. in addition to that they have another VM for IM and Presence and a paging VM.

i have some doubts about adding the second server to their current deployment and i hope anyone can help and answer the following questions:

- can we add subscriber to the CUCM (assuming i will use the same .ova file and same iso image)?

- if yes, will this VM be the subscriber for both CUCM and Unity or only the CUCM?

- can we upgrade the same VMs to 10.5 in future?

- if yes we can upgrade, will it be the same after the upgrade? i mean CUCM and unity in the same VM?

- please share any links and documents that can help us on the design and the upgrade procedure if possible.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ibrahim,

can we add subscriber to the CUCM (assuming i will use the same .ova file and same iso image)?

>> Yes

- if yes, will this VM be the subscriber for both CUCM and Unity or only the CUCM?

>> CUCM and Unity Connection will require separate VM's to be built

- can we upgrade the same VMs to 10.5 in future?

>> Yes

- if yes we can upgrade, will it be the same after the upgrade? i mean CUCM and unity in the same VM?

>> Yes

- please share any links and documents that can help us on the design and the upgrade procedure if possible.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

[+5] to Manish.

To add further, if u need to upgrade in future, that will be a major upgrade and need to have licenses for version 10.

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Before you upgrade you can check the virtualization settings requirements here:

Unified Communications Virtualization Downloads ...

as some applications do change required amount of resources from version to version.  Obviously before you do the upgrade make sure you review the install/upgrade guides and release notes as well.