Views
Helpful
Replies

apply Barge Configuration

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

Dears,

i need to apply Barge Configuration in current CUCM (14 ) for shared line IP Phones 8845.

barge allow user to join active call in shared line IP Phones

30 Replies 30

@Ahmed Tarek wrote:

sorry for my last question,

i will use only barge setting in Service Parameters not cbarge, right?

It depends on what type of barge function you'd want to use. Only you can answer that as it is your system.

If you intend to use the built in bridge functionality of the phones you would use Barge and if you intend to use external conferencing resources you would use cBarge. These are two different types of barge functionality. This is clearly outlined in the document that @b.winter shared with you. Recommend that you read that again as it is quite clear that you don't know the difference, or how to set this up, by your questions.

Response Signature

hi Roger,

i will use barge feature , i need to barge into any call with my shred phone, but Barge softkey is show only in ( Softkey Layout Configuration  -  remote in use ) i still can`t use it.

i enabled services parameters for Barge ( server publisher - service cisco call manger active ) then checked softkey button as i mentioned above

Not sure if I fully understand what you’re trying to accomplish here. Barge is a function to join an ongoing call that someone else with the shared line has answered or called. As such it is a Remote in use state and therefore the soft key would exist only in that state.

What is it that you want and what is it that you have trouble with? Can you please share a little bit of details on your situation and what it is that you want to accomplish?

Response Signature

i really appreciate your reply and support, thanks !

what i need to apply is barge configuration ( we have line 555 is shared with 2 ip phone ) , when first ip phone is answer any call i need second ip phone joining the call by barge option.

i follow below steps

enable barge in services parameters

trued to add softkey button for barge but i can`t , what i miss?

In what call state is it that you’re not able to add the soft key?

Response Signature

thanks roger for just see your answer now,

i mean the first IP Phone has a call ( shared with my second IP Phone ) now how can i barge this call ? i think there is softkey i can add to barge active call to join them

When I asked for what call state you said that you could not add the Barge soft key I referred to this in you’re prior response.

trued to add softkey button for barge but i can`t , what i miss?”

So again, in what call state is it that you state that you cannot add the Barge soft key?

Response Signature

thanks Roger for your support

let me try to be more clear ( my English is bad sorry ) first of all see attached image i uploaded as it is only barge softkey button i found for barge , but even second ip phone in call ( remote in use as i think ) i can`t use this softkey in my first IP phone to barge or join the call

Okay so if I get what you’re saying you do see the Barge soft key on the phone that is in state Remote in use, but nothing happens when you press the button? If so two things that you should check.

1 - Have you enabled the build in bridge on any device that should take part in the call? I believe that you can enable this in either the device’s or in service parameters.
2 - Have you turned off privacy on any device that should take part in the call? This can be disabled on the device’s or in service parameters.

Response Signature

it`s working!!

after i turned off privacy in both devices.

after i press barge, the phones sent notification to current users in active call then the call become conference.

the quest now , how to stop notification to current users and not turned call to conference? it is that possible?

Glad to hear that. Privacy is clearly mentioned in the document that was referenced in one of the first responses you got to this post. Hard to grasp how you could have overlooked that.

Neither of the things you ask are possible and based on how you ask it is totally clear that you did either not read the previously shared document/information or you did not understand it. When you barge a call it per definition becomes a three part call, aka a conference and from a privacy perspective you’d need to inform the callers about this. It’s likely a law requirement in multiple countries.

Response Signature

i think you miss understand me, i think there is an option for it for example for supervisor to barge any current conversation with his team with clients ( call center for example) , of course there is note to the caller that the call will rerecorded for enhance the service or something like that or any note else. when i ask for something i interest with setting or features in CUCM nothing else. i hope you got me this time.

anyway thanks for your support

That is a completely different thing altogether. A supervisor in a contact center would not use Barge for this as the CC service has it’s own functionality for this. If I’m not all wrong it is called Monitoring.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

appreciate your support to support my issue, waiting for you

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks agian,

i will check again and feedback