Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD on SRST

Gidonitzhak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I’m designing a solution to a customer and I need assist with one of the component.

The customer has multiple remote sites, each site located in a different country, all of the endpoints are registered to the main site UCM on HQ.

Each site has ISR 4000 to connect to the provider and used as SRST in case of failure to register to the main site.

I want to deploy b-acd on that VGW and I’m not sure how this works.

In a  normal operation that the endpoints are registered to the UCM, how actually the call flow will be and how the configuration should be done?

Do I need to configure the hunt groups on the UCM? Or they will be serve by the VGW?

Can someone please refer a document related to this and the best solution to it?

10 Replies 10

AFAIK B-ACD does not work with SRST, it’s a CME function.

Response Signature

I read that is supported on E-SRST

That seems to be correct, I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin

i read this document and there is not explicit design how this should be.

my question is if I need to configure the hunt group on the UCM and under the VGW, so the B-ACD will be used only when the phones are falling to the E-SRST.

i didn't found answer to this question.

I never tried this, asper the guide. Unified E-SRST is provisioned only using CLI commands (manual provisioning) to support fall back of phones registered to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Here is the Link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/SCCP_and_SIP_SRST_Admin_Guide/enhanced_srst.html#nzg_jp2_r4b

Response Signature

This would be my understanding. You’ll need to configure what you need for normal operation in CM and then the same, or at least similar, in the gateway for fallback operation.

Response Signature

I have a vague recollection of doing this some years back. What you will have to do is have more preferred dial peers going to CUCM for normal operation, and less preferred dial peers that route to BACD when your CUCM dial peers are not reachable.

AFAIK B-ACD should work on SRST mode CME. E-SRST synchronizing user, phone, hunt group, partitions etc from CUCM to CME.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal The product that did the synchronisation is EOL. Nowadays E-SRST needs to be maintained manually from what I know.

Response Signature